Recession call

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #7497 by cheongwee.
Recession call was created by cheongwee.
www.businesscycle.com/news_events/event_details/1492
If recession by 1 Quater, then result of negative GDP will be reflected in the month of Apr 2012,
but last Q of 2011 may still be in positve, so mkt may still rally a little more till end 1 Quater 2012
i dont know what your reaction will be, but if i have unit trust or stock that i long, i will make use of any rally to sell to strength. For if recession really hit, you are going to see your stock price go even lower from here. It is going to be very pessimistic for the recession, and it may get worse with this euro debt crises , those indebt state will default with their economy down, with no means to refinance or pay their debt.
let see, and hope for the best, no harm if there are no recession , we can always get back in, but if there is one, then we may be caught again , but this time it is going to be really stuck in it.
good luck,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7530 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Europe stocks are up ...
We live one day at a time. European stock markets are up now ... cos

1. Italy has raised met its fund-raising target in a Treasury bills auction. It raised 5 billion euros by selling 366-day bills at an average yield of 6.087 percent.

2. Greece has named its interim PM, a former ECB fellow.

3. The European Central Bank has been buying Italian bonds.

Europe is a f-king mess and will get worse if those buggers can't do better than now. So much shitty debt, where did the angmos leave their senses all these years?

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #7534 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Recession call
Well, let put it this way.
If your investment horizon is 3 yr and abv and you can stomach volatility, then you may nipple on the blues chip on dip, but if you got cannot stomach volatile mkt , then stay out,
But one thing for sure, one day in the future , this so call euro debt crises will be like any historical event, go into history book,...like Iceland, Argentina..and etc.
But , of course, you want to buy cheap, so u wait patiently,
Now, the question is can they solve their problem???
form the answer then you make your investment decision.
I think next yr you can buy cheap, just be patient. But for now for me, it is just trade, buy on dip and sell to strength and or short.
but one thing is that this one crises will be longer, then most crrises in history book.
good luck.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7537 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:Recession call
I agree, gotta be patient.
“I’m not willing to step up and proclaim all clear, but we’re moving in the right direction,” Don Wordell , a fund manager for Atlanta-based RidgeWorth Capital Management, which oversees about $47 billion, said in a telephone interview. “The most positive news of the day was the jobless claims data showing that the U.S. economy is slowly getting better.”

More
12 years 8 months ago #7543 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Recession call
“We must be united to confront a crisis that was not born in Italy, it wasn’t born because of our debt, or because of our banks, it wasn’t even born in Europe,” Berlusconi said. “It’s a crisis that became a crisis because our common currency doesn’t have the support that a real currency must have.”
This has-been is displaying signs of self-delusion, denial and hypocrisy. What on earth is he talking about when , as a matter of fact, it was during his watch of nearly 2 decades that Italy’s debt surged on his government’s financial irresponsibility, recklessness and incompetence.  

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7612 by relaxing
Replied by relaxing on topic Re:Recession call
What recession hahah ? China's GDP to grow at 9.2% in 2012. Even during the US subprime , China’s GDP growth was above 8% , hence no excuse for S-Chips which performed poorly. It’s a pity we have lousy CEOs running the lousy S-Chips otherwise we could hide in them until the EU fiasco is over. Frustrating we can’t participate in China’s explosive consumer boom.
www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-11/20/content_14126633.htm
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by relaxing.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds