Straco -- gem?

More
9 years 7 months ago #20768 by 1668
Replied by 1668 on topic Straco -- gem?
I spoke with the ceo duirng one of the agm and agree that he came across as someone who looks carefully before jumping in. I recall him saying that the xiamen aquarium was losing money but he was certain he could turn it around and now it's a money spinner. He also said there were many doubters when he started the shanghai aquarium which is another winner. Hopefully the flyer will end up another winner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #20769 by lotustpsll
Replied by lotustpsll on topic Straco -- gem?
Just by his track record, Wu seems to have an uncanny ability to identify investment opportunity and to make it work.

Such astute judgement is a rare commodity. Looking forward to hear his vision and strategies on this latest acquisition.

Maintaining a long position on Straco.

More
9 years 7 months ago #20773 by Kiasu7028
Replied by Kiasu7028 on topic Straco -- gem?
As announced the take over and completion of ownership will take about 2~3mths. So let's wait and see what happened and announced during this period of time.

Another contributing factor is from STB (Sg Tourism Board), r we getting increasing tourist for this year and next? If locals r not buying into the excitement of Flyer, then solely on tourists will be a very seasonal issue.

If new management has FULL operational and execution of this SG iconic tourist attraction, its certainly exciting to see the new developments.

More
9 years 7 months ago #20781 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Straco -- gem?
Day 3: Bought back 500,000 shares.
V positive support and signal to investment community

More
9 years 7 months ago #20784 by sykn
Replied by sykn on topic Straco -- gem?
They have lots of ammo in their bazooka reserves to buy back a lot more shares! After reading all the assessments for and against this deal, my own view is that based on track record, if anybody can make money out of buying the SF, then Straco has to be the One! I am hanging on to my holdings and may even add a little more if the price is low enough.

More
9 years 7 months ago #20791 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Straco -- gem?
No share buyback today -=- yet the price rose 2.5 cents to close @ 77 cents.

High vol 1,810,000. What's happening, eh?

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds