Broadway (CB 1 for 1)

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5713 by app1808
Is broadway share worth to buy at price of $1.11?  Co is having CB of 1 for 1.  I heard that if share that come with CB usually will drop tremendously after XB is it true?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5717 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:Broadway (CB 1 for 1)
In February, CIMB had a pretty high target price for Broadway, so the market could think it is worth such a high price. However, the stock can't seem to reach for the sky... which means the market is sceptical of it being able to achieve the earnigns CIMB had forecast.
VIKING, BROADWAY, SINO GRANDNESS: What analysts now say...

As for ex-bonus, of course the price will adjust itself the next day. At $1.12,  the ex-bonus price wld be 56 cents. U have 2 shares of Broadway at 56 cents when previously u had 1 share at $1.12.

It's like a pizza - the same slice got cut into 2.

There are positives and negatives --- including the market finding the stock price more 'affordable' and willing to push it up a bit perhaps. Anyway, time will tell. Every stock could behave differently after ex-bonus Good luck!

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #5719 by springpig
Usually stock price goes up when it comes closer to XB date. I believe there's still good upside potential from $1.11.

Note:
* XD for 2 cents dividend will be on 4 May
* XB for 1-for-1 bonus will be on 13 May
Today is still 18 April.

For short term profit chaser, $1.11 may be a pretty good price. And it's even better if there's a pullback this week. Next week may be a good time to enter. I think the price may hit at least 1.20 area near the XB, unless there's a significant event that cause market crash.

If you're going in for long term...
Hmm.. they have quite a good management team. They managed to cut cost by automation; they are going to move their labour intensive factory to a place where labour cost is cheaper(good for the long run, but may not be so good for short term).
Business-wise, they managed to increase sales but the profit margin declined. Considering HDD component biz contributed significant amount to their earning(and this is where the profit margin declined), I don't expect their result will be good this quarter. But, it may improve next quarter or next next quarter after they managed to cut down labour cost.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by springpig. Reason: text format looked ugly after posting

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5722 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:Broadway (CB 1 for 1)
not a good sign that UBS AG cut its stake last month  from 5% to 2.5% .

More
13 years 1 week ago #5743 by app1808
Replied by app1808 on topic Re:Broadway (CB 1 for 1)
why the volume for broadway share is so quiet these few days...i thought is suppose to be active since the CD and CB is around the corner.....

More
13 years 1 week ago #5796 by springpig
Replied by springpig on topic Re:Broadway (CB 1 for 1)
As expected, price falls after result announcement although the decline in sales and profit is rather predictable.
Let's see what price Mr. Market will offer...
Will it rebound after touching 1.03/1.04 or will it head straightly to $1 area?  we will find the answer soon in the next few days.
If Mr. Market can offer me $1 then I may take the offer.
Management said Q2 will be better. Let's see whether it's true..

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds