LafeCorp: Worth a look

More
13 years 1 week ago #6594 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:LafeCorp: Worth a look
sumer, any update on your view on this Lafe stock?  I have been noticing quite a bit of insider buying at 7 cents. The chairman, Christopher something, bought 1.37 m shares in the first week of this month alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #6595 by sumer
Replied by sumer on topic Lafe Corp
Lafe Corp has been out of my radar screen since I last wrote (below), due to the points mentioned then. When I don't feel comfortable with what I see, I do not hesitate to sell or cut all my holdings in a stock, and in Lafe's case that's what I did. In any case, I think the latest share buyback is token relative to Lafe's market capital.

There are better 2nd liner property stocks with high RNAV in the market, and among those I still own and prefer are Hiap Hoe, Heeton, Bt Sembawang, Hoe Bee, SC Global, Superbowl, Stamford Land and Chip Eng Seng (more of a play on dividend yield and aggressive management than RNAV).

More
13 years 4 days ago #6637 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:LafeCorp: Worth a look
sumer, the insider buying has been too frequent to be dismissed. Surely, they are not buying to donate money to the market. They are sure the stock is worth alot more.

More
13 years 4 days ago #6645 by sumer
Replied by sumer on topic Re:LafeCorp: Worth a look
Joes,
You may well be right with the insider buying. But for me personally, I am out of this counter because of I am not comfortable with management's moves on its land sales, as explained in my earlier post.
There are many other stocks trading at similarly big discounts to RNAV and whose management I am more comfortable with. I will stick to those.

More
13 years 2 days ago #6664 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:LafeCorp: Worth a look
Insider buying continued yesterday which was July 20.

744,000 shares snapped up at 7 cents.

Sumer, you are missing out on the action still?

More
12 years 6 months ago #7886 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:LafeCorp: Worth a look
The Board wishes to announce that the remaining balance of US$15.2 million due and
payable to the Company in respect of the disposal of its entire shareholding in Lafe Properties
(Hong Kong) Limited, which was due and payable by 31 December 2011, has been paid in
full to the Company.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Ruby Lee Yen Kee
Company Secretary
4 January 2012

So will there be a special dividend?

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds