Is a bull run about to take off?

More
13 years 11 months ago #4257 by Mel
Economy is in good shape, we have seen Europe crisis disappear from the headlines & our psyches. 2Q results are positive so far, and expect more in the next 1 - 2 weeks. All in, I agree with Kevin Scully\'s view that 3,500 is a good target for STI. Trading volumes are picking up and there are stocks moving up every day for a stretch.... Just look at Informatics, ISDN, Frencken, AsiaTravel, Sunpower..... Any more examples that you all can share?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4275 by Dongdaemun
Stocks are all green today - looks like the market bull is about to cheong! If earnings results are mostly good to great, then ..... get ready for the Big One. That\'s when sentiment starts to get more and more buoyant. People make trading profits and put the money back to work in the market. The bull gains momentum, until .... it is one day exhausted and the market will crash . :woohoo:

More
13 years 11 months ago #4276 by Dongdaemun
The Dow shot up 208 points this morning and we can expect lots of stocks going up today. Laggards are Roxy Pacific, Courage Marine, Hisaka, Avi-Tech..... Pls add to the list of good stocks!!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #4282 by MacGyver
Let\'s not get too excited by one day of gains. Having said that, I do believe that we are in a mini bull rally that could last for a few weeks. The US earnings are likely to come in better than expcected. That will provide support to the sentiments. I expect PRC to start their stimulus package soon again as they are now seeing their economy shrink once they stopped the expansionary policies. There is still downside risks but I believe this is kept to the minimum. I anticipate probably a 10% downside risk to the STI and probably a 10% increase closer to December. Go for 2nd liners who should deliver good results. The boost in confidence will filter down to the small quality stocks soon. :laugh:

More
13 years 10 months ago #4324 by Dongdaemun
These days are full of surprises, good and lousy ones.

Tonight, it is the turn of the sweet surprise as the Dow is now soaring 223 points.
Bloomberg reports that manufacturing in the U.S. expanded at a faster pace than forecast in August, signaling the industry that led the recovery will keep it from faltering.
The Institute for Supply Management’s factory index rose to 56.3 from 55.5 in July
hahaha..... tomorrow, next day, next week?

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds