Eratat Lifestyle

More
10 years 7 months ago #16789 by momoeagle
Replied by momoeagle on topic Eratat Lifestyle
sg.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=1234.HK#s...off;source=undefined ;

Hmmm, don't see Lilang as multi-bagger
Put Eratat as interesting comparison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #16790 by newbiestock
Replied by newbiestock on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Relative Size - up to u. The % has never been any concern to me. Look at the balance sheet of the other companies and see if the trade deposits are separated from receivables or not. For eratat, the trade deposits are lumped as receivables so it will appear higher. And as said before, Eratat net assets will continue to grow year by year as long as they stay profitable.

bro momoeagle, my comparison using the smartphone industry is a fair comparison. Big brands can fail and vanish, if they fail to innovate and small brands can eventually grow to a big brand, if they innovate. Samsung was not even close to being the top 3 phone makers a decade ago lol. Well, if u think Samsung is a bad example, look at Huawei phone. If Huawei is not a threat, why would Apple introduce a iphone 5C. In history, there are many examples of small players winning big players. In ancient warfare, we have Battle of Guandu and Battle of Chibi, so don't ever jumped to conclusion small will fail. Even Tesla electric car is a classic example, starting small and now challenging the big car players like BMW, GM etc.

When the sportswear in China declined from 2012, even big brands like adidas and nike sales in China are also affected lol whereas the casual wear segments are actually growing. Design differentiation and staying ahead of fashion trends are the key strategy. I like their contemporary 20th century London design. It looks good and it's the type of clothes I will buy. To me, when i buy clothes, I look at design and it must look nice. I dun care if the brand is top brand like Nike, Adidas or not.

Don't make anymore assumptions, momoeagle. if u want to critique Eratat, critique the expansion. Just watch and see if executes its plan correctly.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by newbiestock.

More
10 years 7 months ago #16791 by newbiestock

momoeagle wrote: sg.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=1234.HK#s...off;source=undefined ;

Hmmm, don't see Lilang as multi-bagger
Put Eratat as interesting comparison

haha.. lilanz is a multibagger, if u bought it dirt cheap when it is a young company.

Chen Daoming is a very famous actor in China lol and some of his shows are really classic. I ask my prc lady friend. she knows about Lilanz brand lol, even though it only sells menswear. so, does it speak well of the brand?

The typical stereotypes of Singaporean men is that they generally dress shabbily and dun care about clothing fashion. But if u go Taiwan, Korea or even Japan, even the men there do pay a great deal to the design of the clothes.

More
10 years 7 months ago #16792 by momoeagle
Eh, the key question is how much of their net assets growth goes into receivables? Previously when I was tracking this company, I did a comparison of net assets minus receivables, and found that it was pretty constant value. I didn't track since then.

This is my tracking from start 2009 to end 2010
Their increasing and beautiful NAV
lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iU1hBy53hpw/T...g/s320/EratatNAV.JPG
vs their NAV less trade receivables
lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8sEgnFRqGdE/T...20/EratatMinusTR.JPG

Of course, much have changed with loans, placements, as well as the one off sales incentives and renovation subisidies.

And Huawei cannot even hold a candle to Samsung. Question now isn't whether small players will win, but the anticipation that the small player will win, and investing in a company based on that anticipation.

"To me, when i buy clothes, I look at design and it must look nice. I dun care if the brand is top brand like Nike, Adidas or not."
If this is the case for every consumer, there's no need to go for premium branding. Then again, this is bringing us into subjectivity again. :x

More
10 years 7 months ago #16793 by momoeagle

newbiestock wrote: haha.. lilanz is a multibagger, if u bought it dirt cheap when it is a young company.

How would you have bought it cheaper if it IPO in HK in 2009?

newbiestock wrote: Chen Daoming is a very famous actor in China lol and some of his shows are really classic. I ask my prc lady friend. she knows about Lilanz brand lol, even though it only sells menswear. so, does it speak well of the brand?

All I can say is, Jordan Chan was a spokesperson for China Hongxing.

And Erke brands can even be seen in some parts of Singapore.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #16794 by newbiestock
Eratat will achieve breakthrough with new record profits, starting from this year onwards. 1H2013 profits already rose 53% over 1H2012. Need I say anymore?

Huawei cant hold a candle to Samsung? Go do a study, ask all your prc friends about huawei phone. How much market share huawei owns in China market and the market positioning huawei is doing. In developing nations like China, the average monthly salary of the poorest worker is about USD400-USD600. U think they can buy iphone and Samsung? But of course, in China, there are also the growing richer middle class.

Don't underestimate small players.

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-26/apple-...-zte-lure-users.html
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by newbiestock.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds