City Harvest Church under investigation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3921 by Mel
Posted: 31 May 2010 1524 hrs The Office of the Commissioner of Charitiies (COC) has received complaints of misuse of church funds against City Harvest Church. The COC has informed the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) and they are investigating some financial transactions involving several individuals and companies related or connected to the City Harvest Church. The COC which had received the complaints informed the CAD when it found that some of the financial transactions may need to be investigated. A joint statement issued Monday by the COC and Police said CAD officers visited the offices of the individuals and the companies under investigation in the morning. The officers secured records and accounts for the purpose of the investigations. There have been assurances by the CAD and COC that despite the ongoing investigations, services and religious activities of City Harvest Church need not be disrupted and can continue for its congregation. -CNA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3923 by Mel
Dear Church Family, As you may be aware of the statement issued by the Office of the Commissioner of Charities (COC) and the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) is looking into some financial transactions involving several individuals and companies related or connected to the church. This was revealed in a joint statement by the COC and the Singapore Police Force. In the joint statement, the COC and CAD said: \'Notwithstanding the ongoing investigations, normal services and religious activities of City Harvest Church need not be disrupted and can continue for its congregations.\' We are cooperating fully with the investigation of the alleged allegations and pray that you will not be alarmed. CHC services and operations will continue normally. In the meantime, do keep the church in prayer. Yours faithfully, Ps. Derek Dunn Rev. Derek Dunn Executive Pastor City Harvest Church Corporate Offices: 8 Temasek Boulevard | #08-01 to 03 | Suntec Tower 3 | Singapore 038988 #################################### There is a high chance the church is innocent, since they use the term \'alleged allegations\". It\'s a sort of double layer of innocence & protection. My boy will fail his English if he writes that way, though.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Mel.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3929 by MacGyver
Hi Dello, Morale of the story -- Don\'t be too high profile when you are successful in Singapore cos your competitors will shoot you down when they have the chance. I believe this complaint is lodged by their competitors or people who feel jealous about their success. Having lived and worked in Singapore for more than 10 years, I have come to realise that Singaporeans like their govt do not have a big heart. They cannot tolerate criticism and competition. So if you are successful in Singapore, your competitors will try tricks to shoot you down rather than think about how to improve themselves to beat you. This scenario can be found in our education system where the Chinese and Indian students are beating the local students in exams. Rather than thinking how to improve to beat the competitions, the parents are complaining that it is unfair that these foreign students are older, have no other distraction etc.... This is a sad case but unavoidable... Singapore is strong in labour competence now but I foresee Singapore will lose its competitiveness in the next 10-15 years once the older generation (born in 1960s) retired. In the case of City Harvest, I sincerely believe the management is a creative and devoted lot but they have flew too high and now attract the attention of the hunters...Whether or not, there\'s any misdoing, I will leave it to the authority to find out. But they should be treated as innnocent until proven guilty.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3930 by Joes
it\'s ok to be high- profile if you are that good, but dont hv any skeletons in the cupboard waiting to be uncovered. since no one is perfect, then the next best thing to do is not to make too many enemies. Anyway, the more friends one has, the richer one\'s life becomes. ;)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Joes.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3931 by Joes
I agree with this well-expressed view by \'cowrider\' in another forum: Think the precursor of this whole shebang is the Suntec acquisition. Actually, a lot of people buay song them already... including, I suspect, quite a number of professed christians who think the prosperity gospel is perverting the message of salvation... coupled with a flamboyant pop singer wife of the senior pastor, scandals involving prominent members of the church, charges of plagarism by the pastor....and with so much money sloshing around .... it\'s no surprise it will come to this. Whether the allegations are true, reputational damage and doubts would have seeped in. In a world full of cynicism, people will become more distrusting and wary of religious organisations. That would be a tragedy to those whose mission is spiritual salvation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3932 by MacGyver
Happin, Unfortunately in life, you make enemies without knowing it. As the Chinese put it, it is easier to dodge the spears in daylight then to evade the arrows in the dark. My favourite player, Federer just lost his match to Soderling. Shows that everything is unpredictable in life. The big guns don\'t always win. Haha....

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds