All things euro...

More
13 years 11 months ago #3875 by Dongdaemun
Thought we should have a thread to chat about all things Euro. I expect European cars to drop in price :) Volvo. Saab. Falali. Fiat, Renault, and Citroen The higher-end Japanese cars (such as Toyota Camry) will lose some market share.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3880 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:All things euro...
Confidence among U.S. consumers increased in May to the highest level since March 2008 as Americans became more upbeat about job prospects. The Conference Board’s confidence index rose to 63.3, exceeding the highest estimate in a Bloomberg News survey, from a revised 57.7 in April, figures from the New York-based private research group showed. The gauge was forecast to rise to 58.5, according to the survey median. A measure of expectations surged to the highest level since August 2007. Pessimism is beginning to fade as the expansion that began in the middle of 2009 begins to create the jobs needed to encourage Americans to spend. Confidence is still at risk of stalling as Europe’s debt crisis pushes stock prices lower and chips away at household balance sheets. “The underlying economy is improving, job opportunities are growing, and that’s going to continue,” Robert Stein, a senior economist at First Trust Portfolios LP in Wheaton, Illinois, said before the report. “On the other hand we have uncertainty in the financial markets and Europe.”

More
13 years 11 months ago #3881 by Dongdaemun
US stocks rebound from rout! The Dow Jones Industrial Average slipped 22.82 points to 10,043.75 after plunging 292 points in the morning. “It was a technical rebound,” said James Paulsen, who helps oversee about $375 billion as chief investment strategist at Wells Capital Management in Minneapolis. “The stock market was oversold. We’ve breached so many levels so quickly. The economic recovery is still in place.”

More
13 years 11 months ago #3888 by peter lee
Replied by peter lee on topic Re:All things euro...
I am glad to see new thread initiated. just out of curiosity, 1. will thread on \"all things euro..\" be continued if the current driver of mkt has changed? first, the driver was greece, now it may be spain, later, it maybe china, ... 2. which economic indicators we shall focus? and are they leading, coincident, lagging? Do they hv only very short term impact? Are their figures volatile? 3. should we focus on the social, economic, fiscal, etc policy, which may hv longer impact? i can only ask questions but i do not know any of the answer. fyi, i questioned the method but not the person. i still respect \"Harlequin\". good night.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3892 by Dongdaemun
Hey Peter: Can write on anything related to Euro, isnt it? Never mind if it is Spain or Greece, or Italy..... For discussion outside of Euro, somebody just needs to create another thread. by the way, what is your view on the market outlook? Safe to buy more now when stocks are bashed down? Or better wait ....???

More
13 years 11 months ago #3917 by Dongdaemun
I can see positives developing in the US economy which will reduce the risks from the Eurozone crisis. Rising US employment is definitely a positive - it in May for a fifth consecutive month. According to a Bloomberg survey, payrolls climbed by 508,000 workers last month, the biggest increase since 1997. The economic recovery is poised to broaden beyond manufacturing in June, solidifying the expansion. Service providers, including retailers and construction firms, see a pickup in demand. “The labor market is clearly improving,” said James O’Sullivan, global chief economist at MF Global Ltd. in New York. “At this point, there’s enough momentum in the economy to outweigh the drag from the turmoil in Europe.”

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds