Lion Asiapac

More
14 years 3 months ago #2975 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Lion Asiapac
No interim dividend. Company sitting on lots of cash. Seems like they are planning to venture into somehting, otherwise they would hv paid out something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2981 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Lion Asiapac
My friend sent me this: dun be disheartened.. If you look carefully under cash flows from operating activities, there is an item called \"unrealised currency translation losses\". This means that the company still has very significant foreign currency exposure, which may also imply that the sales proceeds have not been remitted to Singapore. If you refer to China Milk\'s announcement on 5th Jan, you will see that it is not easy remitting funds out of China. There are a lot of regulatory hurdles to clear and takes a lot of time. Hence, the lack of interim dividend may be simply because the funds have not arrived into the Company\'s bank accounts..As soon as the funds are remitted, I believe the Company will reward its shareholders accordingly. In any case, Lion Apac is a local company with a credible chairman (Mr Othman Wok) and reputable parent company (Lion Group). It also pays out regular dividends so I think its worth the wait..

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #2982 by erelation
Replied by erelation on topic Re:Lion Asiapac
Thanks for your update.... Taken this opportunity to sell some of the Oceanus that i have picked up at $0.325 few days back and re-deploy these fund to buy up Lion AsiaPac today at $0.335. Cash onhand in the report was about $0.46 and yet share price trading at $0.335.... as long as management do not use the fund to buy over-valued asset/biz.. i think this counter still have a good chance to re-test $0.405 in near future.... One of the key management skill is their ability to take profit at the right time which help to create shareholders value.... and they just did it with their china\'s investment. Happy camping here......
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by erelation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2985 by erelation
pick up some more along the way.... $0.33, $0.325..... probably the short term speculators are going for exit after the release of result without any special dividend.... anyone else \"long\" on this counter?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2987 by RKAN
Replied by RKAN on topic Re:Lion Asiapac
Bought some @ $0.33. Wanted to buy more but trading limit was reached, perhaps blessing in disguise. Can pick up cheaper tomorrow....

More
14 years 3 months ago #2991 by erelation
How nice if i have this \"happy\" problem too yesterday..... :) Just have to be contented with my buy at average $0.33.... Wish all of us the best for the coming new year.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds