Beware insurance agents who .....

• Motorist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #11363 by Motorist
Replied by Motorist on topic Re:Beware insurance agents who .....
It's a rational letter published in ST. However, Tan Suee Chieh needs to elaborate on the key point -- "A video provided compelling evidence of absolute recklessness which cannot be ignored."

I find it hard to believe that the younger daughter of the motorist would be 'absolutely reckless" in her driving. The video shows one thing, but this is the visible side of the story. What is the driver's excuse or explanation? Tan Suee Chieh needs to give a fuller description of the "absolute recklessness" as well as what the lady had to say in her defense.

I doubt he can share the video since it belongs to a 3rd party --- but does anyone know if this is already avail on Youtube?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nothi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #11372 by Nothi
Replied by Nothi on topic Re:Beware insurance agents who .....
"Absolute recklessness"?

Fact or opinion? Mr Tan Suee Chieh needs to support his assertion.

• Guess
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #11392 by Guess
Replied by Guess on topic Re:Beware insurance agents who .....
I think the motorist has a good point.

Poor record? It was our only claim...

NTUC Income chief executive officer Tan Suee Chieh's reply ("Income defends renewal rejection"; last Friday) to my letter ("Don't let insurers leave car owners in renewal fix"; Sept 29) stated that Income "excludes policyholders whose claims experience is excessively poor".
I am baffled by Mr Tan's description of the claims record involving our family car as "excessively poor".
The claim involving my younger daughter was the first that we made on our family car.
Yes, my younger daughter made a serious driving error.
However, mistakes on the road are not uncommon, and that is why motor insurance is mandatory for all vehicles.
While Income's intention in preventing reckless driving is commendable, the decision as to whether it should be the reason to punish her should be a legal, and not an arbitrary one.
Following the publication and wide public interest in my plight, an Income representative telephoned me last Friday to ask which insurance company offered us a renewal and at what premium price.
What baffles me is that when I tried repeatedly on previous occasions to renew the policy, I was firmly rebuffed.
This reflects the laissez-faire and malleable processes by insurers in determining policy renewals and premium charges.
The relevant authorities should shore up the industry practices and make processes more transparent.
Tan Yau Cher

• Haha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #11480 by Haha

More
11 years 9 months ago #11719 by pine

No secret anymore.... what your agent earns from whatever. I think this is circulating on Facebook.

• Jenny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12744 by Jenny
Replied by Jenny on topic I salute this guy!
I salute this cabby Ng Yew Wah.

Article in Forum page of The Straits Times today:

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds