Design Studio - exploded!

More
13 years 11 months ago #3811 by newbie123
Hi, Agree with PKC about the concept of market price and intrinsic valuation. Based on the its FY2009 results, design studio does deserve a far better valuation (at least btw 70c to 80c). But key point right now is, can its business be sustainable and grow further? 1) Does Design Studio have the right management and right business model? Based on fundamentals, i would think they may have the 2Rs but i am not certain because small retail investors like us don\'t work in the company and we don\'t know the ins and outs of the company performance and thus, we are at a disadvantage. If yes, i wouldn\'t care so much abt the current share price and i don\'t mind holding... How i wish the management can give us more info about the litigation case...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3812 by mokooi
Replied by mokooi on topic Re:Design Studio - exploded!
The share price has drop a whopping 20% since the company announced the Dubai litigation and not forgetting the disappointing 1Q results, in a span of 2 weeks, clearly the market is concern!! Tell me if any responsible listed co should be doing something to assuage the market concerns?

More
13 years 11 months ago #3826 by newbie123
ir.listedcompany.com/tracker.pl?type=5&i...010%20Financials.pdf I just saw their Corporate Presentation for Q1 from their website. Last year, Design Studio recorded 113 million revenue. And, looking at the slides, it says that its total order book as at 14th May 2010 stands at S$184.5 million and maybe, assuming 60%-70% of these revenues can be realised this year, i think DS is on the right track.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3827 by newbie123
Another point to note: Bernard Lim, the CEO has 14,750,000 shares (6%) of DS while Prudential Asset Managemnt has 15,369,000 shares (around 6%). And, not to forget that 25% of DS is owned by a Dubai company called Depa Interior. I\'m sure Depa Interior, whom is familiar with the business environment in Dubai will do its best to protect the interests of DS in the litigation case... Prudential really showhand in DS....

More
13 years 11 months ago #3828 by PKC
Replied by PKC on topic Re:Design Studio - exploded!
I\'m not surprised if Depa may acquire DS taking opportunity of current low price. It has progressively increased its stake to 25% now. If they cross over 30%, then they have to make general offer.

• neontet
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #3829 by neontet
Replied by neontet on topic Re:Design Studio - exploded!
44 cents now. PKC, are you sure Depa has been progressively buying Design Studio? Thought it was Prudential. I dont remember Depa buying ... it bought a chunk when it married Design Studio and that was about it. No?

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds