Best World

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3430 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Best World
Was refreshing my memory regarding the financials for FY09. Came across a powerpoint slide and wish to share the info: * Maintains healthy balance sheet and working capital position with approximately $36.1 million in cash and cash equivalents * Returns On Equity is 17.9% * Dividend Payout Ratio is 46.9%, which remains consistently above 30% over the past 5 years. From the above, it an be seen that Best World is in good shape (no risk of losing its pants), ROE is fine (good performer with the shareholder equity), and the payout has been abt 50% (much higher than most companies I track). I think at 41 cents, the stock can potentially rise 100% as the year progresses - I assume the consumer markets point upwards as the economic recovery strengthens. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that Best World will pay out a bumper dividend for 1H. They should do that to celebrate 20th anniversary. How can big event like that come & go without a big bang (for shareholders)?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3436 by Bestworld
Replied by Bestworld on topic Re:Best World
Dello wrote:

Was refreshing my memory regarding the financials for FY09. Came across a powerpoint slide and wish to share the info: * Maintains healthy balance sheet and working capital position with approximately $36.1 million in cash and cash equivalents * Returns On Equity is 17.9% * Dividend Payout Ratio is 46.9%, which remains consistently above 30% over the past 5 years. From the above, it an be seen that Best World is in good shape (no risk of losing its pants), ROE is fine (good performer with the shareholder equity), and the payout has been abt 50% (much higher than most companies I track). I think at 41 cents, the stock can potentially rise 100% as the year progresses - I assume the consumer markets point upwards as the economic recovery strengthens. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that Best World will pay out a bumper dividend for 1H. They should do that to celebrate 20th anniversary. How can big event like that come & go without a big bang (for shareholders)?

Hope so....should put the 36m into better use. They can affort to pay 18c special dividend this year! :P

• neontet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #3441 by neontet
Replied by neontet on topic Re:Best World
In 2009, Best World saw a fall in revenue fr Spore, Indon, Malaysia markets as consumer demand fell, among other reasons. Best World was saved by Thailand & \'Others\'. bestworld.listedcompany.com/misc/FY2009_results_briefing.pdf What if Spore, Indo & Malaysia turn up this year? The boost to the net profit would be marvellous, yah?

More
14 years 1 month ago #3466 by Bestworld
Replied by Bestworld on topic Re:Best World
Lion Asiapac declared 15c special dividend....look at the share price today! This is how a company can uploack value to shareholders! Let see how Bestworld going to deploy their 36m CASH! :P

More
14 years 1 month ago #3467 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Best World
bestworld, i agree that Best World should not sit so tightly on its $36 million cash for so long. With 18-cent a share in cash, it can afford to pay out say 9 cents a share as it generates positive operating cashflow every year. Such a bumper payout would be most welcomed to celebrate its 20th anniversary this year. And the payout should be during its half-year results (not year-end as that would be known only in Feb/Mar 2011). Will Mr Chai & his Lion Asiapac friends write a love letter to Best World with this request? :laugh:

More
14 years 1 month ago #3483 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Best World
My friends are sure that Best World will give a special dividend with half-yr results when they sing the Happy 20th anniversary song.... :laugh: :blush: If not, Chai YM will ask his friends to petition to the management. :angry:

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds