Mercator Lines SIngapore - Trading at 65% discount to NAV

More
10 years 10 months ago #16061 by ZEN
china economoy is picking up steam

BDI is surging

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #16071 by ZEN

greenrookie wrote: Actually the strongest bulk carrier that will benefits from the baltic index raise will be golden ocean. High of its carriers are capsizes, it is capsize rates that is pushing up the BDI, the handymax and paramax are just stable. Golden ocean also has a goo track record o profits and when profitable, share its prosperity by giving good dividends.

Why am I not buying yet then? It's secondary listed in Singapore and is super illiquid! If u do manage to get some
Lots, u should take it as a fixed deposit, as u might not be able to sell when u need to.

I will give it a miss. As for courage and Mercator, their vessels are old, had poor track records of profitability. I will give it a miss, but this is not to say these are not good investments, just didn't like it due to my overly prudence approach. U do your own homework an see if u like the risk reward return

Hope u huat.

Btw if u are wondering why old vessel matter, older vessels have lower value, and is less fuel efficient. In such a climate of high oil prices, fuel cost is the main cost in bull transport.

Zen is rather right the capsize rate is strong because of iron ore restocking at china, due to steel demand. So china play a bigger factor here than india

i had been urging everyone to buy mercator when cheap .

How about a return of 20% now as of today ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: zane

More
10 years 10 months ago #16076 by zane
Thank you! I missed the ship

More
10 years 9 months ago #16346 by Poh
Maybe people can still board the ship. The BDI is now at 2,100 points. I think it was only 800+ points at the start of this year.

Zen, do you think this BDI level is sustainable? Or even on an uptrend? I remember CIMB saying this could just be seasonal. I blur! :(

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds