Unconventional Approach To Make Profits

More
11 years 1 month ago #14540 by gangho

newbiestock wrote: I see. Didnt know gt indian company listed in sgx.

Relaxing is right. The quality of listed companies here in asia is still far from the league like those in western countries.

I also wan to find a good sg company but none fit the criteria. Either the share price has gone up quite a lot or the growth potential has hit the peak. Those sg companies venturing into myanmar is out of my list as i think overseas expansion, esp in a developing country is too risky. As for reits, i think most hv gone up quite a lot. Not touching property or construction as i dun think upside will be much. As for service company like breadtalk or healthcare sector, i also nt touching as sg facing labour crunch.

Seriously i dunno wat gd sg company can buy liao. So ya... still sticking to s chip

very rare for india firms to be listed here. Meghmani is interesting as it paid div consistently over the yrs and when profit was good, it paid very well. I am monitor the rev/profit over the next few qtrs while watching out the stock. When volume comes, it can jump very quickly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #14544 by gangho
Newbiestock,

On s-chips, Anchun and Starpharm may prove to be good pick for 2013/14.

Anchun has establish two killer products [Thermal CO shift reactor and large scale ammonia synthesis reactor] which have been endorsed by china petrochemical association.

Starpharm which has changed its top mgt team from VC to pharma veterans and has started to launch new drugs since last yr.

I am still studying and monitoring their performance b4 jumping in. Do share your view if you are familiar with them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #14549 by newbiestock
i c.. thanks. i will find a time to chck these two companies out.

but then chemical industry is not my area of familiarity.

thanks a lot

gangho wrote: Newbiestock,

Anchun has establish two killer products [Thermal CO shift reactor and large scale ammonia synthesis reactor] which have been endorsed by china petrochemical association.

Starpharm which has changed its top mgt team from VC to pharma veterans and has started to launch new drugs since last yr.

I am still studying and monitoring their performance b4 jumping in. Do share your view if you are familiar with them.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by newbiestock.

More
11 years 1 month ago #14550 by newbiestock
i c.. i will find a time to check out these two companies.

chemical industry is not my area of familiarity. will take note.

thanks a lot

gangho wrote: Newbiestock,

More
11 years 1 month ago #14562 by qwerty89
i took a look at Anchun. I agree that the isothermal co shift reactor is an interesting development, especially given the more stringent environmental regulations under China's 12th Five-year plan. Total value of contracts secured to date is only RMB 9.5m though, which when compared with total FY2012 revenue of 125m doesn't seem that material. Not so sure about the potential for the ammonia synthesis reactor since management made no mention of it other than in the annual report.

Another point of concern is the company's credit policy. infopub.sgx.com/Apps?A=COW_CorporateAnno...esasof8March2013.pdf
Wonder if you have any thoughts about this? Is this the norm or are there some special circumstances?

Eratat still seems to be a safer bet :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng

More
11 years 1 month ago #14572 by gangho
Anchun seems to be turning around with market demand + patented technologies. I am still trying to understand its biz sustainability/growth potential. Heart that CEO looked positive to achieve rev/profit in 2010 within next 2 yrs, i.e. EPS 6c. Will monitor the result for next few qtrs to see how.

Yes, Eratat is a safe investment!

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds