BIOSENSORS

More
10 years 10 months ago #14463 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic BIOSENSORS
Gross margin was 73% for FY 2012, compared to 75% for FY2011.

Net margin was bumped up in FY2012 because of a one-off "realisation of translation difference of investment in joint venture company" of US$237 million.

Gross margin was 81% for FY 2013 -- it's really a very profitable company. Hmmmm...maybe I should add more Biosensors stock to my portfolio this week, if it falls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng, Val

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14554 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic BIOSENSORS
Biosensors trades at 13X PE and a market cap of S$1.9 billion. I think it's more attractive than its peer, MircroPort in HK.

MicroPort.... manufactures drug-eluting stents (and several other products for other medical treatment). It trades at 18X PE and market cap of about S$1.3 billion which is lower than Biosensors.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14556 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic BIOSENSORS
Do you guys know how much it costs to get a stent inserted in an artery in Singapore hospitals? It's anything between 3K and 21K. Depends mainly on what ward you get into.

www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/cost...angioplastyptca.html

We certainly should do what it takes to avoid having to get in there!! Watch the fat, cholesterol, the calories....

More
10 years 10 months ago #14579 by yeng
Interesting to note the daily share buybacks are significant quantities.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14584 by Val
Replied by Val on topic BIOSENSORS
Yes, there have been daily buybacks which were significant. However, I would be more inclined to view buying by CEO and other insider individuals much more positively than corporate buying.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #14703 by yeng
Might be a good idea to buy some Biosensors ($1.045) before it announces an acquisition, assuming it is a great buy and earnings-accretive.

An acquisition is long awaited. The company didn't raise US$300 million thru a bond sale in Jan for nothing. And it is paying 4.875% interest.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by yeng.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds