BIOSENSORS

More
10 years 10 months ago #14709 by qwerty89
Replied by qwerty89 on topic BIOSENSORS

yeh wrote: Might be a good idea to buy some Biosensors ($1.045) before it announces an acquisition, assuming it is a great buy and earnings-accretive.

An acquisition is long awaited. The company didn't raise US$300 million thru a bond sale in Jan for nothing. And it is paying 4.875% interest.

Does Biosensors have a history of making great acquisitions in the past?

Eg. do you think the USD51m paid for the Spectrum Dynamics acquisition is accretive? I personally can't seem to find out much details on that(no sales figures, no NAV, etc.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14712 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic BIOSENSORS
Does Biosensors have a history of making poor acquisitions in the past? I hope someone can shed light on this.

Going forward, Biosensors is on the prowl for acquisitions in order to grow its top & bottom lines.

I am encouraged to learn about new revenue streams. (As an aside, companies that do good for people, especially in medicine, attract investors who are looking for more than just capital gain.)

Biosensors has developed the new BioFreedom stent for patients who face a high risk of bleeding.

There is also the OEM contract to manufacture drug-eluting balloons. See: www.medlatest.com/2013/05/31/biosensors-...ts-eurocor-oem-deal/

More
10 years 6 months ago #17069 by Rock
Replied by Rock on topic BIOSENSORS
Biosensors performance and growth had been pull-back by:
1) Channel inventory adjustment in China
2) Lower royalty and licensing revenues

The down-side of Biosensors share price is limited by share buy-back. Biosensors will only return back to it's growth path once the company overcome the above problems.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds