Looking For New Year Rally?

• Xman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #11993 by Xman
Replied by Xman on topic Re:Looking For New Year Rally?
Relaxing, Your prediction didn't pan out! Obama won and stock prices went south. No fault of yours -- it's the fear over the Fiscal Cliff. Actually, if you ask me, this is a good time to accumulate stocks. I don't doubt the difficulties facing the Obama team in overcoming the fiscal cliff but it will be done ---- and the markets will rally from there. Something like that. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #11996 by relaxing
Xman –  I expected Dow to be slightly down but Asia to be up as uncertainty of trade war with China will be averted. But many Wall St funds bet on Romney stocks just before the election and dumped them after the Obama win. Congress is still divided , hence gridlock will continue and piecemeal solution on fiscal cliff is expected. As this is Obama’s last term, he will push hard on tax reforms to help balance the budget.  Hopefully, the anticipated higher capital gains tax will drive more money to Asia ?
Am fully invested since last Greece election. Both EU problems and fiscal cliff were known for some time, and should already been factored in somewhat. Predicting short term market movements is difficult.  My views only.

• Xman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #12017 by Xman
Replied by Xman on topic Re:Looking For New Year Rally?
Relaxing, actually, I am not too concerned about the fiscal cliff. I am more keen on discovering undervalued stocks, or learning more about the stocks I hold. 

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #12043 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Looking For New Year Rally?
Actually, fiscal cliff is a done deal, people long know this, the real fear of the market is still Greece.
If fiscal cliff is the real fear of the market, the smalll cap on the dow will be down the most because they are domestical, but it did not show any fear at all. So the market is telling us that fiscal cliff is not the real fear, the real culprit is still GREECE.
If Greece did not get their money by end month, they will send euro packing.
Greece is the word. And now to add on the fear is ME, and Iran have yet to join the fun, wait till they come into the picture, we will see red.
I have posted that Nov, I will sell all and side line, but I still think now is the opportune time to buy the fear.
Look even if you long, it pay to have a stop loss, now do you see the point?
I am too tired to post, I will trade penny as usual. YHM, CCFH, Otto marine, anyone?
It is too periloos to argue., so post less.
But I still see a new high, dow is down 9%, i think time to buy the blue.

• Lily
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #12055 by Lily
Replied by Lily on topic Re:Looking For New Year Rally?
welcome back Cheongwee.I enjoy reading your post.
tks 4 the stock picks.

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #12060 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Looking For New Year Rally?
Greece will be save as usual, the cost will be too great for Greece to fail after so much money have been throw at it, they will come out a deal for Greece next week, look, at first , they say no extension, but in the end, they allow extra 2 yrs. So I think Greece will end up alright by next week, and mkt will rally.
Fiscal cliff, those politician got political cause if they do not compromise. So i think fiscal cliff is not to be fear, the market did not show any fear, Look at the VIX, look at the credit spread, look at the small cap ETf, they dont show fear at all. So why should we.
I think this is opportune time to buy the blues, I bought.
The real event will be next year, and it is not Greece, It is SPAIN, Greece will be pull down, so will be Itally.
Next year will be shortist year, just like 2011, we can leave the short open for months, Learn to short now, go open CFD, it is going to be very profitable.
Today i bought Noble, Genting and Ezion, civmec. and some penny.
wish me luck,

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds