Another undervalued stock

More
12 years 10 months ago #6271 by relaxing
@garl Safe to buy Eratat ( and wait for its 0.6 cts dividend next mth )when it drops close to 12.5 cts as the CEO Mr Lin bought 120 million shares at this price few yrs ago when the results were not as good as present. Their Board declared to SGX on 3 May that they have Rmb214 million cash or 10cts/share.With the recent 60 mill shares placed at 20.2 cts, the cash backing per share is now 11 cts. Also, the Q1 results plus firm orders on hand, its EPS will be 7 cts in YE2011. One year from now and we will look back at how crazy this is ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Val

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6273 by penghock
dear garl,
i will try avoid s chip for now. actually i am considering to cut loss all my holding of s chip.

[hr]
[garl 12-06-2011]:

dear penghock: what do you think of Eratat? The earnings are strong, in my view, but the troubling thing is the accounts receivables which are high. What's the pt of doing business, and not collecting yr cash from yr clients? What do you think?

More
12 years 10 months ago #6275 by greenrookie
Hi peng hock, What are the s-chips u are holding and what are your reasons for cutting loss? Is it because u found another potential growth stock and u think the opp cost for holding your current s- chips too high? Or is that u think the market is going into the dustbins are u want to buy back at lower prices? Otherwise it might not actually be the best of times to offload, since STI has been consolidating and falling for some time, an technical rebound might be imminent.. Matter of days than weeks. Sentiment of s-chips has reached rock-bottom with the damming report on china milk, and unless another company is caught for wrong- doing. U might be offloading at a time of low... This not to say s-chips will rebound strongly anytime soon, but there are now factoring in a lot of negatives. If your s-chips are sound comPanies, the third quarter results should provide some respite... I have put my money where my mouth is, and have went in to buy qingmei and Fuxing in the last 2 days.. Good luck, no venture no gains, Cheers

More
12 years 10 months ago #6278 by penghock
hi greenrookie,
I got Qingmei, JES and Midas. Just think the risk are too high than the return, if anything happened to these PRC company.

[hr]
[greenrookie 13-06-2011]:
Hi peng hock, What are the s-chips u are holding and what are your reasons for cutting loss? Is it because u found another potential growth stock and u think the opp cost for holding your current s- chips too high? Or is that u think the market is going into the dustbins are u want to buy back at lower prices? Otherwise it might not actually be the best of times to offload, since STI has been consolidating and falling for some time, an technical rebound might be imminent.. Matter of days than weeks. Sentiment of s-chips has reached rock-bottom with the damming report on china milk, and unless another company is caught for wrong- doing. U might be offloading at a time of low... This not to say s-chips will rebound strongly anytime soon, but there are now factoring in a lot of negatives. If your s-chips are sound comPanies, the third quarter results should provide some respite... I have put my money where my mouth is, and have went in to buy qingmei and Fuxing in the last 2 days.. Good luck, no venture no gains, Cheers

More
12 years 10 months ago #6330 by penghock
good news for Valuetronics??

www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-15/led-li...epoint-ceo-says.html

Incandescent bulbs are being phased out in Europe. In the U.S., efficiency policies will eliminate the 100-watt bulb in 2012. LED makers stand to gain a bigger share of the $40 billion a year global lighting market. Bulb companies including General Electric Co. (GE) and Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (PHIA) are producing LEDs, and Salzman said startups that are developing low-cost LEDs will take a slice of the market. “We’re just at the beginning of the LED phase,” Salzman said. “There’s very little quality product yet even on the shelves.”

Salzman said that within five years, the use of LEDs for general lighting purposes may grow to more than 50 percent of the market from less than 1 percent today. Analysts including Ben Schuman at Pacific Crest Securities Inc. said it may take more time than Salzman suggest for the LED boom to happen. “About half of lighting is residential, and it’s going to take longer than five years for payback periods for residential lighting to expand the market beyond early adopters,” said Schuman, who follows LED maker Cree Inc. “More recently, folks have become more optimistic about the consumer market. But I still think it looks like we’ll see industrial and outdoor, followed by commercial, followed by residential.” Salzman said that it’s the commercial market that may take more time to develop. “All consumer stuff will go,” Salzman said. “Commercial, where you have the fluorescent tubes -- that will take a little longer. I think it’s going to be one of the fastest clean-tech sectors to flip.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Val

• cheongwee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #6331 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:Re:Another undervalued stock
I hope u dont mind, since you got and the vol is too low to decode anything, why not hold and sit on it, unless it already hit your stop loss or trailing stop. Dont panic unnecessarily. I see yours stock is alright...but just in case it turn out bad(very unlikely) use stop loss to save your capital.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds