turnaround stories?

More
12 years 6 months ago #7217 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:turnaround stories?
Buy value. Avoid anything systemic. Eat your vegetables. Nothing’s changed.
Look for:

Strong balance sheets

Companies with stable cash flows

Low valuations

Domestic market  --ie, Singapore, or China.

For example:

Lian Beng Group,  
Foreland Fabrictech

Trek 2000 (Look out for the FluCard potential in the world market)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7240 by greenrookie
NOtwithstanding the current market conditions, I bought some Trek shares not too long ago.
Lets talk about the potential.
Its Flu cards, is tranformed into a standard card for all the camera, call ISDO, which will replace SD card.
The FLu card, can be transferred to other uses except camera, E-white boards has already ordered 50K of it. Apps is also developed for it (although I dun see it to be a big deal)
Most recently, today, has settled licensing agreement with Verbatim, which is expected to contribute to 2H earnings, this bodes well for its remaining 6 court fights.
PE is unattractive at 20 times, but if you look at PEG, i think... ermm....
Price has been very resilience, the lowest it get despite the bloodbath is 28 cents. The price before Toshiba starts increasing its stake in the company is around 28.5 - 30 cents.
Strong support at the area. High safety margin. Good potential for growth
But be patient, with EUro in its current state, nothing good can come out of equity.
Well, Ethan999 mentioned about why he never predicts the market, well, I try to enter when I think the market has reach a trough, thats why i never look at Trek after it start its run even though its always on my radar screen, now seems like a possible time.
If you think Greece is going to default, dun buy.
I think Greece is going to default, by not in this instatement. It will be an painful but orderly default after the ringfenced the banks and fleeced whatever they can from the private sector.
The Euro politicians can't be united, but I think they will stop kicking the can, something dramatic should happen soon, the longest they can take is 1 month before the thing blows, so there should be plenty of catalysts for markets to move.
They will increase the write down by private investors and at the same time using the expanded funds to prop out the banks. They might decide throwing money at banks is better than throwing at Greece.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #7241 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:turnaround stories?
Almost everyone i know is talking about a prolong bear market. my broker, the analysts etc.
I most probably might be wrong, but I choose to be a contrarian, I still believe the bottom is near or already here.
Why, US data show the economy not slipping into recession, just slowing down, those who claim China is going to have a hard landing is spouting nonsense if you look at data from china, and the amount of monentary leeway that they still have to stimulate the economy. Think of the interest rate, reserve ratio, its currency, its urbanisation. Yes, inflation is high, but have stable and commodities prices have come down, its not like CHIna is going to sit there and let the economy tanks, CHina is not an indecisive democracy but largely still an commanded economy, if they wish to stimulate the economy the have the will and ability to, I can't say the same about the west though.
Yes, Europe is close to exploding, and the STI is at 2500, 100 points lower than what i expect, but market is increasing pricing in a default. What if, an default is avoided? Greece has already made plenty of austerity measures, so ECB refused to give them this trance of payment, let them explode, they have no choice but to leave the EUro zone, and free to do whatever they want, roll back the austerity measures, not honor all obligations. Will Europe come to that?? They then have to throw money not just at banks but also at Italy.
Those who read charts will say that I am mad, since we are at the begining of a bear market. Well time will tell.
Penny stocks that I am looking at or has already accumulate are:
1) Eratat
2) Qingmei
3) Trek
4) Anchun
5)Hu an cable
6) SunVic
Looking to sell into strenth
1) Fuxing
2) China FibreTech
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by greenrookie.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7242 by danzing87
Replied by danzing87 on topic Re:Re:turnaround stories?
well greenrookie.. for sure, i agree with you.. 

volatility has been higher than 08 level yet corporate profit has been higher.. and this is based on the US markets... what about those whose business has much coverage only on Asian markets??

anyway, interetsing that you are holding so many S-chips for your portfolio..

just one question: what do you foresee to be a good catalyst against the poor sentiments on s-chips? because i don't think anytime soon there will be a turn in sentiments for such s-chips.. with the conservative nature of Singaporeans.. any good earnings will only be read as FRAUD RISK..
[hr]
[greenrookie 05-10-2011]:

Almost everyone i know is talking about a prolong bear market. my broker, the analysts etc.
I most probably might be wrong, but I choose to be a contrarian, I still believe the bottom is near or already here.
Why, US data show the economy not slipping into recession, just slowing down, those who claim China is going to have a hard landing is spouting nonsense if you look at data from china, and the amount of monentary leeway that they still have to stimulate the economy. Think of the interest rate, reserve ratio, its currency, its urbanisation. Yes, inflation is high, but have stable and commodities prices have come down, its not like CHIna is going to sit there and let the economy tanks, CHina is not an indecisive democracy but largely still an commanded economy, if they wish to stimulate the economy the have the will and ability to, I can't say the same about the west though.
Yes, Europe is close to exploding, and the STI is at 2500, 100 points lower than what i expect, but market is increasing pricing in a default. What if, an default is avoided? Greece has already made plenty of austerity measures, so ECB refused to give them this trance of payment, let them explode, they have no choice but to leave the EUro zone, and free to do whatever they want, roll back the austerity measures, not honor all obligations. Will Europe come to that?? They then have to throw money not just at banks but also at Italy.
Those who read charts will say that I am mad, since we are at the begining of a bear market. Well time will tell.
Penny stocks that I am looking at or has already accumulate are:
1) Eratat
2) Qingmei
3) Trek
4) Anchun
5)Hu an cable
6) SunVic
Looking to sell into strenth
1) Fuxing
2) China FibreTech

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #7243 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:turnaround stories?
I hope you get it right, greenrookie!!! I am not confident enough about putting more money into the markets beyond what I already have.

Based on today's action, markets may indeed be at the bottom after so many sessions of selling. The U.S. market looks ok , maybe it is reversing. Good luck everyone!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by pine.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7246 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:turnaround stories?
Hi Danzing, I dun expect sentiments for s-chips will turn anytime soon. The 2 catalysts u talk about had to be time and earnings. S-chips taken as a sector as a whole is really out of favor, but it's not actually right to group s-chip as a sector, as there are many s-chip companies in booming sectors such as hu an, in the cable sector that is booming due to urbanization and An Chun which help improve energy efficiency and reduce pollution, both longterm challenges that the PRC has to throw even more money to address sooner or later. Have safeguards and bail out when things dun go according to your expectations as s-chips can really go kaput. Valuation is super low currently, if u can find companies that can still grow strongly, u will really be testing the valuation metric going forward. I dun think a company can stay at PE sub 2 for long if there is visibility for future earnings. I hope some of the stocks I pick will be multiple-baggers when normalcy returns to the equity markets

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds