Yamada Green Resources

More
10 years 10 months ago #14505 by relaxing
Replied by relaxing on topic Yamada Green Resources
Awww, no more fun. Will take this off my watchlist. Not vested anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14510 by gangho
Replied by gangho on topic Yamada Green Resources
Yamada may just get more interesting and credible [being an s-chip] with new shareholder Global Yellow Pages. 18.6% is still small and there is high chance for it to buy some more from the mkt given.

Sam Goi has both stakes in GYP and Yamada. What is he up to with Yamada? Will he also get Etika and JB Food to buy into Yamada?

There is high chance for Yamada to be privatised too. Good to monitor...

More
10 years 10 months ago #14519 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Yamada Green Resources
GYP is possibly a good reason for Yamada to be persuaded to pay dividends. GYP would need the cash dividends to provide real returns to its investment.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14541 by Big Fish
Replied by Big Fish on topic Yamada Green Resources
gangho & Viva: Do you have any idea what Global Yellow Pages can bring to Yamada's table? Secondly, given GYP's lacklustre outlook, how come the chairman of Yamada was willing to do a share swap to get GYP shares?

As background, GYP focuses on "up-todate search, SME enablement and database marketing. It is also the largest publisher of directories and provider of classified directory advertising and associated products and services
in Singapore." In its bid to diversify, it went into the biz of operating the Singapore River Explorer. U know, operate the bum boats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dongdaemun, Val

More
10 years 10 months ago #14543 by gangho
Big Fish,

GYP's biz is in media & adv and I see investment in Yamada is probably its first step toward becoming an investment company, probably focusing on food biz. It bought into Yamada as the top bosses see the merit in Yamada. That's it, I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dongdaemun, Val

More
10 years 10 months ago #14558 by gangho
Yamada will have following shareholders after the latest deals with Global Yellow Pages

1) CEO Chen owns 51%

2) Global Yellow Pages owns 18.6%

3) Hydrex [Sam Goi & Koh Boon Hui] owns 8.4%

Including another two major shareholders each of 4.9%, the top 5 shareholders own a total of 88% [440m shares] of Yamada, leaving only 12% [ 60m shares] to minority shareholders or market. It seems like quite easy for these people to take Yamada private, or someone else to take the opportunity to push up the price.

Since GYP's deal with Sam Goi is 27.5cts per shares subject to GYP shareholders' approval, I think there is very high chance for someone to pump the price up.

Just my 2c worth comment. Happy Father's Day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Fish

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds