Some 18 years ago, ie April 2006, a Chinese company, World Precision Machinery, listed on the Singapore Exchange.

Dividends illnThat's a long time ago, and it is still listed, even if you may not have heard of it. 

It's
 indeed a rare specimen among S-chips. So many of them have become extinct over the years because of accounting irregularities, including overstated revenues, phantom receivables, missing cash, and outright manipulation of stock prices.

Though World Precision is standing strong, along with big-name peers like Yangzijiang Shipbuilding and China Aviation Oil, the stock has little liquidity.


World Precision (market cap: S$104 million) manufactures both standard and customized stamping machines for industries including automotive parts, home appliances and electronics.

What stands out is its dividends.

It is a long-running track record of dividend payouts. Check out this article from 10 years ago: @ WORLD PRECISION'S AGM: "Dividends paid exceed IPO proceeds"
 

The timing of the latest dividend announcement came as a surprise: This was in its 1Q2024 results announcement on the evening before the 1 May public holiday.

And the size of the dividend was breath-taking: RMB 0.37, equivalent to 7 Singapore cents/share. Compare that to its recent traded price of 26 cents.

Dividends track5.24

The latest dividend matches the RMB 0.375 dividend declared at half-time in FY2023.

The 2023 dividend "arises from the Company’s receipt of the distribution of proceeds of the capital reduction exercise carried out by World Precise Machinery (China) Co., Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company," said the company then.

In its 1Q2024 announcement, World Precision did not specify a reason for the latest dividend.

Its 1Q2024 was anything but scintillating with a net loss of RMB607,000 (1Q2023: RMB11.6 million net profit). Contributory factors: Lower revenue, higher financial costs and higher impairments.

Controlling shareholder Wang Weiyao 14.4Executive Chairman and controlling shareholder Wang Weiyao.As for its outlook, "the Group is cautiously optimistic to remain profitable in FY2024. The Group’s order book stood at RMB 446.1 million as at 24 April 2024."

World Precision had RMB386 million in cash and RMB245 million in debt as at end-1Q2024.

Dividend payouts largely go to 2 insiders (and most of the rest of the dividends to 200+ shareholders who own more than 10,000 shares each). 

World Precision's executive chairman Wang Weiyao and non-executive and non-independent director Shao Jianjun own 73.85% and 13.53%, respectively, of the company. That's a total of 87.38%.

You may also be interested in:


You have no rights to post comments

Counter NameLastChange
AEM Holdings1.8700.030
Best World2.5000.020
Boustead Singapore0.950-
Broadway Ind0.1460.001
China Aviation Oil (S)0.865-
China Sunsine0.4050.015
ComfortDelGro1.380-0.010
Delfi Limited0.8800.005
Food Empire1.110-0.010
Fortress Minerals0.295-0.015
Geo Energy Res0.3050.005
Hong Leong Finance2.4400.020
Hongkong Land (USD)3.5100.090
InnoTek0.5150.010
ISDN Holdings0.3100.010
ISOTeam0.0490.002
IX Biopharma0.0400.001
KSH Holdings0.245-
Leader Env0.049-
Ley Choon0.055-
Marco Polo Marine0.068-
Mermaid Maritime0.1390.004
Nordic Group0.305-
Oxley Holdings0.087-0.003
REX International0.1250.001
Riverstone0.9350.005
Southern Alliance Mining0.4850.005
Straco Corp.0.480-0.010
Sunpower Group0.220-0.010
The Trendlines0.063-
Totm Technologies0.0200.001
Uni-Asia Group0.810-
Wilmar Intl3.120-0.040
Yangzijiang Shipbldg1.730-0.020
 

We have 1131 guests and no members online

rss_2 NextInsight - Latest News