tan chong international ltd HK 0693

More
12 years 3 months ago #8665 by hngks
Tan chong international market cap is only about S$600 million (2 billion shares plus @HK$1.95) but they RNAV well exceed HK$4 and with vertually zero debts.
To sweeten the deal, they have sizable landbank in Singapore at dirt cheap price(1960-70 prices) with 2 pieces of freehold land in Bukit Timah well exceed their total market capitalisation with today prices at well above S$1,000 psf.
Gem missed??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8666 by hngks
By the way, they have been paying dividend of HK$0.08 per year at least for the past 5 year and dividend yied of 4%. The only problem is that they are traded in HK$ and highly illiquid.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8667 by Val
Wah you have found a gem in Tan Chong. After doing a quick read of its financial statements, it is grossly undervalued indeed. The landbank is the gem while the motor biz is just so-so because it mainly operates in a tight environ in SG. I think the profits can't grow fast, if at all.

The dividends are less than you state: it was 6.5 HKcents, or lower, in the past couple of years. For FY12, it has gone up to 7 HKcents, so the yield is about 3.7%. Ok only.
The stock is traded in SG and HK exchanges -- the prices are the same and there is no arbitrage opportunity. The HK investors don't appreciate this stock anymore than SG investors do.

The only way the stock can fly is if Tan Chong unlocks the value of its landbank in Bt Timah -- but will it do so anytime soon? The property cycle is turning flat or down, so ......

More
12 years 3 months ago #8673 by hngks
Beside me, savy investor like Tan sri Quek Leng Chan have already accumumlated 18.1% over the year under Gucco Group and I believe more fund manager may be interested in this unnotice stock.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8674 by hngks
[hr]
[hngks 07-04-2012]:

Beside us, savy investor like Tan sri Quek Leng Chan have already accumumlated 18.1% over the year under Gucco Group and I believe more fund manager may be interested in this unnotice stock.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8676 by jameskuwe
where to find the financial statements of this company?

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds