Reits!

More
12 years 6 months ago #7941 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:Reits!
Hi garl, I am MIA for the past 2 months. I have reset for radar to cover more counters, which include S-chips ,REiTs mid liner and even DBS. While I wish all investors the best, I still expect another selldown to 2500 or lower before I will consider re-entering the market. S-chips I looking at Hu an, hankore and yangzijiang. REITs looking at Cambridge, suntec and hph.. Mid liners looking at hyflux and golden agri And also capitalmall Asia. If I miss the chance, I will accumulate my ammO slowly. I relalised bull and bear cycles has indeed shorten to less than 5 yrs.. So I have plenty of chances in my lifetime. I realized there are many more things I have not master during this cycle and will cut down on trading and focus more on value investing. I am not as gOod as I think I am. Btw the market is trading at Lower peak and deeper troughs, the recent rebounds are lower than their prior rebounds, ao unless STI crosses 3000 with high vol. Perhaps it paid not to put all eggs into your baskets.. Happy new year all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Finder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10540 by Finder
Replied by Finder on topic Re:Reits!
greenrookie: How is your research on REITS? Have you bought any in the past months?
I am thinking that it's kinda of late in the game already to be entering into REITS. I am looking at certain good businesses to buy for the longer term, such as Cordlife and Healthway Medical.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10541 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:Reits!
Hi Finder, I bought HPH trust and sold lippomaple mail. On Hindsight, selling lippomall is a bad call. I am looking at SIngpost, DAF and SPH, in the same order of preference as of now. Not vested yet in any of them. ya, agreed, most Reits have their run and outperformed the STI. I will stay away as I have limited ammo. But if you are long term investor that can have money lock up for a decade, I think there are still many value buys that will survived that ups and downs of the markets. As for cordlife, I am quite interested, but does not have the time to dig up information on it. Didn't even have time to read up its prospectus. So I will leave my hands off for the time being. I find healthway already fairly valued, meaning its has already account for future earnings, it doesn't fill my reward/ risk profile and will not proceed further to research For myself, to prevent myself for being trigger happy and regret my purchases or sales, I now try to follow a rubric which I set for myself before I buy or sell. So unless sometimes happen drastically, its unlikely that I will enter the market.

• Finder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10543 by Finder
Replied by Finder on topic Re:Reits!
Maybe you can find time to look at CSE Global. Solid counter poised for strong growth this year and a special dividend too (according to analysts). I can't find any article yet on Next Insight but maybe one day they will go interview CSE.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10565 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:Reits!
I am still heavily vest in Macquerie Industrial Infrastructural, the share price did not move like the REITS did. Although it is not a REITS which promissed a 90% payout (current payout is less then 50%), it operation is similar to Reits which is collect fees for road usuage, network, energy, etc. The price has not run and recent divident issue half yearly is 2.75cts and current price is 52.5cts which make divident yield more than 10% (remember the payout currently is less then 50% of Net income, thus there is still alot of room for improvement for divident.) The company is continously share buyback, the financial report they issue is negative (looking suspicious, as negative report the company itself should not have share buyback)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10566 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:Re:Reits!
Beside that their negative report also unrealistic, like huanan toll rate have to reduce the reduction is less then 20%, but their forcast is 25% loss in earning, when the price go down the demand should increase, but based on the current quater result release, my calculation estimation is only reduce by 12.5%, as it has just implemented since Jun (one month).

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds