Why i like liquid stock???

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #7029 by cheongwee.
Why i like liquid stock??? was created by cheongwee.
If you insist of buying value and fundamentalt stock, Make sure you choose one that is liquid, and one that BB are always present.
Otherwise, no matter how good your counter is, if BB are not there, the stock will not move much. We must agree BB move the mkt.
So if you ever wonder why Earata and the like are not moving, that is one of the reason , other than they are s-chip. Even some solid fundamental local stock are not moving due to BB absent or not showing interest there.
You look at Kevin Scully counter, some of them are solid stock i agree, but they are not moving at all. because BB are not interested in them, except fore Kevin Scully.
And he told his followers, never mind, just collect the div and wait there for ppl to realise it value. Wiat for how long???
You might well go play golf with him in the meantime...lol
we dont buy stock solely for the divident , right??
if BB are not there, your money stuck there are opportunity miss somewhere???
good luck, and gewt ready for the coming powerful rally soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #7032 by ethan999
Hi Cheongwee,
Yes Big Boys need to come in for a stock to move. If you look at past patterns, volumes for penny stocks tend to be lower during a bearish market like now, and when the market turns bullish, the volume tends to shoot up and the big boys come in. 
So I put it to you that yes the big boys need to come in for a stock to move. But first of all the market must turn bullish before the big boys come in. Yes the market can't go up if the big boys don't go in, but first of all the economic fundamentals need to be good enough for the big boys to want to go in in the first place. 
As a result penny stocks tend to become much more liquid when the market turns bullish. When some of these penny stocks show low volume during a bearish market, it doesn't mean the volume will stay low perpetually, one just has to wait until the tide changes. 

More
12 years 10 months ago #7033 by newbiestock
Depends, cheongwee. But whether a stock is liquid or illiquid is not the main criteria for a stock pick.
imptly is earning. Volume will be low for most of the small to medium cap stocks in a bearish market. I prefer buying small and medium cap companies because there is a greater room for potential to grow, unlike a big cap company. The point to note is bb can come and go for any stock.
Anyway, a while ago, for Eratat, got even a bb grab a 1.5 million shares at 18 cents lor at one go in a buyup lor. For stock, I feel accumulate those good ones at cheap price when nobody notice it. When it cheong, it will really cheong hard.
I do look out for high yield dividend stocks. I have heard of true blue investors holding a stock years for dividend. Imagine over 10% or even more yield, it will take around 7.2 years to get back all your capital. And from tha point onwards, the dividends in all the following year becomes all free money every year and u have virtually created a money making machine for yrself. If u reinvest yr dividend, the timeframe to achieve can get even shorter. The dividend collected each year will compound and grow exponentially. It's possible for such a scenario to happen, though i haven't achieved that level yet.
actually, kelvin scully gt quite a few good stock picks that he made. Allgreen just made a voluntary delisted and all the shareholders managed to exit with a premium price. if there are already many people flocking to buy the stock already, one would have most likely miss the boat. Guess have to be patient for stocks.
[hr]
[cheongwee 04-09-2011]:

If you insist of buying value and fundamentalt stock, Make sure you choose one that is liquid, and one that BB are always present.
Otherwise, no matter how good your counter is, if BB are not there, the stock will not move much. We must agree BB move the mkt.
So if you ever wonder why Earata and the like are not moving, that is one of the reason , other than they are s-chip. Even some solid fundamental local stock are not moving due to BB absent or not showing interest there.
You look at Kevin Scully counter, some of them are solid stock i agree, but they are not moving at all. because BB are not interested in them, except fore Kevin Scully.
And he told his followers, never mind, just collect the div and wait there for ppl to realise it value. Wiat for how long???
You might well go play golf with him in the meantime...lol
we dont buy stock solely for the divident , right??
if BB are not there, your money stuck there are opportunity miss somewhere???
good luck, and gewt ready for the coming powerful rally soon.

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #7034 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Why i like liquid stock???
Last wk, alrready sold on Wed, and go short, so looking to cover soon, sti support shd be 2740.
I am looking at sti 2950 to 3050...when???
end sept...or 1st wk sept.
dow support 11100
get ready for rally.???are ready??

More
12 years 10 months ago #7038 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:Why i like liquid stock???
Liquid stocks? U don't mean water stocks = Hyflux, United Envirotech, etc?

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds