How you see the market ?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8198 by greenrookie
I have also taken some profits, sold all of my trek holdings for 36.5 cents. Same reason, I see increasing risk as trek approach my target of 40cents based on assumption that profits for 2012 will double as flu cards sales contribute and the licensing issues of thumb drive improve. I however believe the worst is yet to come. After doing a gain - loss - risk analysis I decided to increase cash as trek has also given a return of around 25 %. however, if the bulls are to continue, trek will most prob shoot above 40 cents. Just decide that at current level of STI, future earnings projections and risk, the gains not worth the risk(for me only). Good luck to the rest, may u huat huat huat!!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by greenrookie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8199 by Val
Replied by Val on topic 50% target return overall
U guys (mac, greenrookie, james) are serious? U must be nuts! There is still so much value in the market and you say bye bye? I am looking at 50% gain on a portfolio basis!

More
12 years 4 months ago #8200 by jameskuwe
Hi Vi, I've only sold Sapphire. Keeping the rest as I believe their increase in price is more sustainable than Sapphire. Mac is nuts (Vi's words, not mine). He's existing totally. Greenie is only regigging his portfolio, like me.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8203 by csltay8033
Dear all, please read this interesing article, Bulls on Asia See Room to Roam, from The Wall Street Journal today on 7 Feb 2012: + online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240529702..._hpp_LEFTTopWhatNews + “Even after substantially cutting forecasts in recent months, analysts expect earnings per share this year to rise 9.6% in Asia, excluding Japan, according to Thomson Reuters. But at current prices, earnings would have to drop by nearly one-third for valuations to revert to the historical average. On the flip side, should earnings come in close to current expectations, stocks across Asia could rise another 35% and still trade at the historical mean valuation, according to Markus Rosgen, the Hong Kong-based head of Asian-Pacific equity strategy for Citigroup.” + Wish all have a good investment year!

More
12 years 4 months ago #8205 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re: what stocks you like now?
csltay8033: thank u. Can u share what stocks you like currently?

More
12 years 4 months ago #8214 by csltay8033
Hi Reck, currently I'm still holding few lots of DBS shares since last December and recently I've also bought some SEMBCORP Marine shares. ++ Simply because DBS Group believes it can do well this year and even hopes to beat last year's performance, notwithstanding the tough economic environment. Its growing business in Greater China supports the optimism. The region, which covers China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, could account for over one-third of the group's revenue in the near future, up from around 30 per cent. With many European banks having retreated from Asia because of the euro zone crisis, lenders like DBS, with its strong capital and liquidity position, will be able to gain new business from the abandoned customers and support companies. ++ As for SEMBCORP Marine, it has bagged a US$792.5 million contract from Sete Brasil to build a drillship, setting the stage for more units to come from the Petrobras-backed rig-owner. ++ If the share prices of these 2 counters were to dip, (as one technical analyst on 13 Jan 2012 Sharesinvestment article has suggested selling on rally, see the site below) I can still hold on and collect some dividends. ++ www.sharesinv.com/articles/2012/01/13/te...k-dbs-noble-sembmar/ ++ As to penny stocks, ever since I've suffered painful losses from ChinaAviationOil & Wee Poh, I've learnt my lesson and have already stopped speculating in penny stocks. Wish all sucess in your investment.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds