That elusive August Rally

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6776 by greenrookie
While US coporate earnings did not disappoint, I now have serious doubts if we will see a Rally in August. Technical rebound, yes, but the supposedly rally might come much later, if it does come at all.
Earnings from S-chips have been strong so far, with foreland and Eratat and Sino Grandness already reporting or going to report impressive results. But the party is spoilt. Although I do feel that s-chips in the textile sector should still do well in this quarter, judging by the still expansionary production and export numbers.
When better than expected results should cause price to move upwards, in normal circumstances, now they can only serve as speed brakes to their fall when the tide is against them

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by greenrookie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6777 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:That elusive August Rally
greenrookie, don't be so pessimistic. Think that the selldown on Dow is overdone. Sentiment was heading to a boil. Think that this morning's selldown on SG stocks also is the work of shortists --- house traders -- opportunists.... By late afternoon, shld recover from day's lows. Hahaha...just my 2 cents worth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds