Stewardess on SQ

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3960 by Joes
Stewardess on SQ was created by Joes
I think the job is glam but looks like the money part is not so great. I copy here a posting by a stewardess (merylnn1211) on another forum. what do U guys think?
U pay full fare.. Yes.. But only a minimum goes to our pay ok. Do u know a flt to kl, we only earn $9.90? To jarkata only less than $20?? Our transport is not covered or paid for. only Europe or states flight makes up for everything. U r paying also for the safety n reputation of the airline, the entertainment, the f&b the seats, fuel... Talking abt chio, does our company pay for our makeup, skincare? We need to paint our nails evEry flt, put on heavy makeup, use tons of hairspray, all these \"maintenance fees\" come frm our own pocket ok. Yet cos of the jet lag, the dry air, crew suffered from breakouts.. Some put on weight, all these crew are grounded. What s heartless com.. Yet you guys still wanna pinpoint on us.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Joes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3961 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Stewardess on SQ
part 2 fr merylnn1211: can\'t speak for all. But I personally fill that Asians r more fussy n not as appreciative than angmo. After all d handwork,angmo will pat us on d back n compliment us. Some took the time to write in to d company. I came across a few who gave us \"tips\" (which we didn\'t accept), bought us chocolates frm d duty-free onboard, brought the whole set out for a wonderful dinner( as frd) One 1st class pax after us declining his \"tips\", brought us to the gucci store in airport n asked each one of us to choose one item. All these r not impt. Is the tots n appreciation that touches our heart. Asians only know how to complain. Where is yr supervisor? The food is too cold, I waited 4 xxmins for my drinks, the service is too slow/fast. If u were me, which do u prefer? Of cos some crew r really not up to yr \"expectations\" but u can\'t cos of one, judge all of us like that. There r sure to b some bad apples ardright?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds