Keppel corp and broker house recommendations

More
14 years 4 months ago #1922 by winstorn
Hi All, I have notice that keppel corp is now trading sideways and is not moving higher even though they have won 2 contracts recently. Any views from you all as to whether to hold on to this stock or sell off. At the same time, some research house predicts oil prices to trend higher towards year end. Also I am now using CMC market to trade heavily on Hang Seng index and have lost heavily. Any recommendations on other similar CFD broker firm that offers equal or better rates and DMA type of market access as I am not too happy with CMC due to many trades done in their favour. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1925 by AK71
I divested my entire position in KepCorp too early in the rally. Late last year and early this year, I bought into KepCorp as I was of the opinion that crude oil price would improve, which it has. My thoughts are very much influenced by Jim Rogers. Now, I\'m more into crude palm oil as I believe it will play catch up plus that fact that it\'s an agricultural commodity. Looking at KepCorp\'s weekly chart, there is an obvious uptrend. MFI has declined and is now bouncing off the equilibrium line which suggests a lack of momentum. OBV is on its way to forming a new high which suggests continuing accumulation. I believe that KepCorp is doing a correction using time. Resistance is the rising 200wMA at $8.86. Overcoming this convincingly gives a target of $10.00. On the daily chart, we see higher lows forming. Short term supports provided by the 50dMA at $8.20 and 100dMA at $8.10. Longer term MAs are all rising decisively indicating that the longer term trend for KepCorp is up. I only trade the Singapore market. So, I\'m afraid I cannot advise on HSI. Good luck.B)

More
14 years 4 months ago #1926 by Morpheus
How many years have u been playing index? If you are a newbie, then I suggest you learn some trading techniques from the veterans first.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1931 by winstorn
Thanks for your suggustion. Any suggestion on index trading techniques to learn from.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2185 by AK71
With crude oil strengthening in price, it might be time for me to revisit Keppel Corp. Looking at its weekly charts, the negative divergence between price and volume from May 09 to Dec 09 is quite clear. Buying momentum has been week as MFI continues its decline, forming lower highs. However, OBV has a gradual slope upwards which indicates longer term accumulation. Price has been hugging support provided by the 20wMA so far. Without any buying momentum, this counter is doing a rather precarious correction using time. Resistance is being provided by the very gradually rising 200wMA at $8.85. The falling 100wMA is unlikely to provide much support in the event the 20wMA breaks. A stronger support would be one provided by the rising 50wMA. Chart: singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.com/2...pel-corporation.html

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds