Anatomy of A Typical Average Speculator

More
10 years 9 months ago #16602 by observer2
The recent Blumont and Liongold saga has again shown the danger of chasing after speculative stocks. Below is a story that illustrates what can readily happened to any average speculator in the stock market.

ANATOMY OF A TYPICAL AVERAGE STOCK MARKET SPECULATOR

STAGE ONE: BUY LOW SELL HIGH [HIGH HOPE]
Speculator made little profit, as stock gains were too slow and too little

STAGE TWO: BUY HIGH SELL HIGHER [HOPE & FEAR]
Speculator made little profit for selling too early in volatile stocks

STAGE THREE: BUY HIGHER, SELL HIGHER STILL [GREED & FEAR]
Speculator not knowing when or how to run again made little profits usually for selling too soon.

STAGE FOUR: BUY HIGHER STILL, SELL LOW [HOPE & DESPAIR]
Unexpected happening (always occurs); speculator whacked by one long black candlestick to the heart; returned all profits and paid penalty. Game Over.

RESULTS SUMMARY: Speculator fought and won numerous battles but lose the last one and the war

FINAL ACHIEVEMENT: Qualified to join Club Napoleon in Elba

At its best, stock speculation is a high-risk high-return venture. At its worst, it is a playground for scam artists and manipulators. To speculators, stocks become something to gamble with, not something to invest. In gambling, majority always loses.
No venture, no gain; fatal mistakes can bring much pain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #17192 by Rich
Wise observations./ How do you invest, brother? What are your picks (apart from Triyards)?

More
10 years 8 months ago #17274 by observer2
Hi, Reck
I have Kreuz as my core holding and first tier stock. My second tier ones are Triyards, Civmec, SinoGrandness, Vard, Fujian ZY, SIA Engineering, Singland, Starhub and M1. The third tier ones are Sabana Reit, SPH, Lion Teck Chiang, Dukang and Eratat. Third Tiers are treated as ‘temporary parking place for funds” or “reserves” before they are liquidated to switch to growth stocks when they come by.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds