Do we need luck to be rich?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #14930 by relaxing
Certainly needs luck in life, as major illnesses, serious accidents etc can ruin one’s life, but do we need luck to be rich? This article lists hard work, education, risk taking and also luck, eg “ being at the right place at the right time”. Are we well prepared to grab the opportunities when they come along ? Looking back over the yrs, I have been lucky in my investments and work. But don’t think we can just depend on pure luck, hence I reckon the best investment is to invest on oneself, like getting a good education and job.

www.cnbc.com/id/100803913

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #14935 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Do we need luck to be rich?
Relaxing, do you put in hard work, gained many years of experience, etc? If you are 'successful' in investing, you must have.

Luck? Yes, you may have had it too. But without the hard work and the many years of experiencing the craziness of the stock market, you could not have become rich. U r rich?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #14955 by relaxing
Viva – Hard work is a no brainer but I think we need luck in life too. I have a few high nett worth friends who went bankrupt ( due to biz and/or property investments ) in 1997 Asian crisis and 2007 subprime fiasco. They are self-made, smart and hard working too. I remind myself that luck plays a part so that I am not over confident or arrogant. There are so many smart hard working people out there who never had a lucky break. Life’s like that.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds