Best (or great) deals (non-stock related)

• ct.leong
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #1236 by ct.leong
I\'d like to start a new thread where all of us can share best/great deals that we hv encountered. i\'ve just renewed my maid\'s work permit at Best Home Employment Agency in Ang Mo Kio Ave 1. It has 2 sister branches in Bt Timah and Thomson Plaza. The fee is $225. Covers everything, incl security bond & medical insurance. What did 3 other agencies i called quote? $300... someone even quoted $361.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #1239 by sean.ng
the best deal is to be your own maid then, if you really need to save, otherwise what difference would it have made?? B)

More
14 years 11 months ago #1559 by Dongdaemun
Great Singaporean. Got great heart. But pls dont see him if u r relatively well-off. Let the poorer folk hv a chance: From Asiaone website: www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20090514-141423.html Dr Koh\'s consultation fees start at $8, and rarely exceed $10. A poll of five patients leaving his clinic showed they typically paid less than $20 - inclusive of medication.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3909 by Joes
I dont have a bank account with Standard Chartered Bank, but I thought it\'s good to share this email which was posted on Tan Kin Lian\'s blog: Dear Mr. Tan, I have 4 banks personal account. I wish to highlight that SCB service is the best. I have encounter some transfer fund issue last year and due to the error of the bank. The SQ manager called me and followed up with a apology letter thereafter sending a wine hamper to my house. I visited the branch in Tampines and Raffles Place, their staff is very attentive during my opening account and applying credit card I like their recent launch of internet payment of credit card to other bank credit card bills. This save me a lot of time rather issuing a cheques or queueing at the AXS machine for payment. Further more, I can just do bill payment post dated before the due date once I login to the account. This can reduce oversight of payment and incurred interest fee and appealing process. I hope other local bank can think out of box rather than limited the credit card payment from their own bank. I have also compared all the internet banking service, so far SCB is the simplest and easy to get transaction done within a few minutes. FT Tan Kin Lian comments: Well done to Standard Chartered Bank. I also observe that they did not sell any of the credit linked notes that caused losses to the bank customers. I like their advertisement on their commitment to look after the welfare of their customers. It sets a good goal for them to live up to.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds