Chasing $? Read Dr Richard Teo, who died @ 40

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #11721 by Dongdaemun
Life is not about endless chasing of money, guys!

Someone ... Dr. Richard Teo.. died at the age of 40 last Thursday. He was a millionaire and successful cosmetic surgeon when he was diagnosed stage-4 lung cancer.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Dongdaemun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #11722 by Dongdaemun
Around some time in February last year, I said, ‘OK, I have so much spare cash, it’s time to get my first Ferrari. So there I was, getting ready for the deposit. ‘OK! There comes my first Ferrari!’ I was looking for land, to share with some of my friends. I have a banker friend who makes $5 million a year. So I thought, ‘Come, let’s come together. Let’s buy some land and build our houses.’

I was at my prime, getting ready to enjoy.

In March 2011, out of the blues – I was still running around, ‘cause I’m a gym freak and I always go to the gym training, running, swimming 6 days a week. I had some backache, and that’s all I had, but it was persistent. And so I went for an MRI to exclude prolapsed disc. And the day before I had my scan, I was still in the gym, lifting heavy weights, doing my squats. And the next day, they found that half my spine had bone marrow replacement. I said, “Woah, sorry, what’s that?”

We had a PET scan the next day, and they diagnosed that I had terminal lung cancer, stage 4B. It had spread to the brain, half the spine, whole of my lungs were filled with tumour, liver, adrenals…

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #11723 by Dongdaemun
U can read Dr Teo's very touching and very memorable speech at: Dr Richard Teo

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Dongdaemun.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds