The problem with the Singapore market

• Danielxx
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #108 by Danielxx
The problem with the Singapore market was created by Danielxx
There\'re several: 1. Prone to manipulation. Just look at how those stocks with structured warrants are run by market makers to create maximum value for them and negative value for the buyers 2. Too momentum-driven. People buy when analysts issue reports but ignore value otherwise. Brokers make use of this fact to drive down prices. It also eases manipulation by bigger player. 3. Lack of local tycoons. Unlike HK market where you have billionaires like Lee Shau-Kee doing stockpicking and acting as supporters of value, what do we have here? Oei Hong Leong offering 60 cents for Japan Land? This is important because without wealthy retail players, you won\'t have strong hands (funds subject to investment mandates with a list of index stocks which they can only buy don\'t count).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eagle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #110 by Eagle
Replied by Eagle on topic Re:The problem with the Singapore market
that\'s why SGX compliance so hawkish but brokers tell me it is much tougher to manipulate stocks these days compared to a few years ago.
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Eagle.

More
15 years 8 months ago #115 by kennysjq
well for me i feel that the our domestic market is very speculative

• neontet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #136 by neontet
Replied by neontet on topic Re:The problem with the Singapore market
kennysjq wrote:

the market is like a yo-yo. Up one day, down one day. Yesterday up, today down. Tomorrow will be up, you can bet. Are a lot of stocks bargains now? Six months from now, will we all look a little silly for not having accumulated them?

• Danielxx
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #137 by Danielxx
Replied by Danielxx on topic Re:The problem with the Singapore market
There are many bargains now. Also, there is a lot of trading on fear now. If people feel less urge to buy as prices go lower, it becomes good for the bargain hunter and terrible for margin traders.

• neontet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #142 by neontet
Replied by neontet on topic Re:The problem with the Singapore market
neontet wrote:

kennysjq wrote:

the market is like a yo-yo. Up one day, down one day. Yesterday up, today down. Tomorrow will be up, you can bet. Are a lot of stocks bargains now? Six months from now, will we all look a little silly for not having accumulated them?

i am feeling shiok. What did i say abt the market? one day up, one day down. yesterday down, today .... UP!!! With so many bargains around, it\'s pretty interesting to think about buy & hold for the next bull market .....

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds