What shall we do to these s-chip? I have got them and sitting on losses?

• cheongwee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10359 by cheongwee
I know the suffering,because i have gone thro' those day, like the clob. and those so call value stock which end up in junk. I have loss money here also.
Everyday . you on the computer, and there you see your stock getting cheaper, and going no where, it is very sad and painful , i know it. I have gone thro it.
My suggestion, cut the pain, sell to strength and write it off, no other way, really. then yr form now you will have memory of it minus the pain, trust me.
Then put that money to work elsewhere. And remember even if you long a stock, always have a stop loss. Look at Gaoxian, i was out long ago with some losses, but my friend are still stuck. Alway have a stop loss, do not say i am a value invester, not swing trader or so on and on.
If you would like, i suggest a 20% to 25% stop loss for all counter you long, with position sizing.
Never ever put your money in a few counter.
Hope i share here, cut your pain,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cheongwee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10360 by cheongwee
Those so call value invester look smart for now when they buy since last May, but they will look lousy come 2013, if they are stubbornly holding on to their position and not taking profit by Q4.
With a stop loss, you can only loss this much. Use trailing stop to take your profit.
Never believe in balance sheet, totally, those who vested base mostly on this will suffer, when true come out. Except for big blues, i cannot say much other.
Next crash, long only blues.

• cheongwee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10361 by cheongwee
Look at SMRT, when it was 1.6 someone told me, i will wait for 1.4
even if it give 3% div, it is still the safest in the SGX, don;t u agree. and even if u buy ast 1.8
i still say that it is a good buy. you will see later , why?
But you said reit is safe, wait till you see red, SMRT can loss out to reit???
your say??? i m not vested,

• S-chee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10819 by S-chee
With the massive China stimulus measures announced last week, I think S-chips will show some strong % gains. The infrastructure-related stocks are likely to be strong gainers, such as

MIDAS
SAPPHIRE
XINREN

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds