Trek 2000

More
12 years 2 months ago #8389 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:Trek 2000
Couple of negative surprises in its 4Q results.

a. Provision for stock obsolescence. US$1.7 million.

b. Write-off of unquoted investment as it had gone into liquidation. US$1.4 million.

c. Dividend 0.75 ct, cut from 1.0 cent for Fy10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9433 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:Trek 2000
was browsing through the advertisements for pc show when I noticed cannon has a digital camera with built in wifi at a promotional price of less than 200 dollars. Last heard that flu card is selling at close to a hundred. Cast doubts about it's claim / expectation that flu card will be a disruptive technology. Maybe it's still early days but given trek current rather lofty valuations. I am kinda glad I took profits earlier on. Investors beware.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9435 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Trek 2000
Good point, greenrookie. I have also noticed a Samsung advertisement on NextInsight for a wi-fi camera. Question is, is this Flucard enabled? Or it is diff tech?

More
11 years 10 months ago #9440 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Trek 2000
Was just about to go out for lunch, then checked Trek price. hey, done price 31.5 cents, one single buyer bought 280,000 shares.
Interesting!

He paid $88,200 just like that. Maybe not an individual but a small fund.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #9442 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:Trek 2000
Hi dele, To kill time while waiting for my wife to finished her massage session, I Went to Harvey Norman to ask about cannon cameras with built in wifi capabilities. They have 2 such models, costing 300 plus and 500 plus respectively, and no, it's not using the flu card. FYI only ;) But then, after deeper thoughts, for something to be a disruptive technology, mass market acceptance is more important than 1st mover advantage, think of apple iPod (mp3 player) and it's touch screen tech that's has been around way before apple luanch it's iPad or iPhone. As long as flu card can replace sd card, trek has a winner, just that the path might be be so smooth sailing after all. Btw, just by looking at the pc spec, toshiba and fujisu Pricing is rather uncompetitive compare to Taiwan pc makers acer and ASus. What happen to japan tech companies??
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by greenrookie. Reason: More thoughts

More
11 years 10 months ago #9446 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:Trek 2000
This is interesting but it raises more questions. Can greenrookie or anyone help?

1. If some cameras have wi-fi and a normal SD card, then what happens if Japan produces cameras that come with Flucard (which has built-in wi-fi capability)?

So the SD card will die, or so it seems. But is the camera having duplicate wi-fi then?

2. Now the wi-fi capability is not very expensive. But the Flucard is nearly S$100 per piece.

So can the Flucard really kick out the SD card?

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds