ASL MARINE- SLOWLY CREEKING UP

More
14 years 4 months ago #2115 by winstorn
This counter is oversold and from a high of 1.10 to now 0.920. Understand they have existing projects of $500 million with strong cash flow. I have notice that this counter are showing greater and greater interest and slowly the price may creek back to the 1.10 level by mid Jan 10. If you were to compare to other similar counters like Swiber, Ezra and Ezion, this counter had not move at all. Notice that price did not drop below 0.9 the very strong support level and risk reward factor is very good. Try some lots and keep till mid Jan 09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2118 by musicwhiz
How can a comparison be made to Ezra, Ezion and Swiber? They have different business models from ASL Marine if I am not wrong (all O&G support/construction/fabrication companies at various stages of the O&G E&P cycle). My impression of ASL Marine was that they are a shipbuilder and ship repairer? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2121 by Bulligan
I also cannot understnd how CIMB can say OTTO Marine is their best pick:S ! 1 billion cap size stock issue. Its PE is alrdy so high For me, since I know the business. The most increadible pick is Marco Polo Marine! Its got a short history but the way they build vessel is increadibly fast. and that means lower investment cost. If they are not good, Glencore and ST wouldnt partner with them. ST can easily ask ST Marine to help but apparently they are just too fast. Marco is the speede Gonzales for Tug and Barge building!! I think that is their moto of operandi - build fast operate fast and collect $$ fast!!

More
14 years 4 months ago #2123 by winstorn
If you look at the latest issue of the EDGE magazine page 25 quoted word for word \' OF THE SINGAPORE LISTED COMPANIES EXPOSED TO THE OFFSHORE SUPPORT VESSEL SEGMENT, LUNDER IS MOST BULLISH ON ASL MARINE FOR ITS DIVERSIFIED REVENUE STREAMS. WE ALSO LIKE THE STRONG EARNINGS VISIBIILITY FROM ITS CHARTERING BUSINESS, DRIVEN BY COAL TRANSPORTATION, HEALTHY FLOW OF OFFSHORE PROJECTS OFF INDONESIA AND A STRONG PIPELINE OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS IN ASIA. PRICED AT A 50% DISCOUNT TO ITS PEERS, THE STOCK HAS A \'BUY\' RATING FROM LUNDER, WITH A PRICE TARGET OF $1.50. --- UNQUOTE. But Lunder had a \' hold \' ratings on Swiber given the run up of the prices already. This was the reason why I recommend our fellow Next Insight readers on this stock. If I am wrong this time, I think my next recommendations, no one is going to listen. I only target $1.10 and not $1.50 as given by Lunder.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2124 by winstorn
Now ASL Marine is 0.92/0.925 with volume picking up. Do not wait until it goes to 0.94 by end of day.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2661 by Dongdaemun
winstorn, ASL is back to 90 c-level. Gone 1 big round up to $1.00+, now back to 90-c. U r going in again? On a PE basis, it\'s cheap. But dont know if its ship repair business in Batam is in need of repair! I mean, it\'s a very competitive and tough business, unlike the boom years.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds