rickers maritime

More
14 years 9 months ago #1781 by peter lee
rickers maritime was created by peter lee
hello , i am holding this counter. may i know what is your view on this counter? which should i do ? (either hold, sell or buy more of this counter) thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #1782 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:rickers maritime
some people i know hv sold off Rickmers after it announced a cut in DPU a month back - ard there. it is a negative for investors who are looking for a good yield . rickmers faces more challenges than other ship trusts - pacific ship trust looks good. good luck. at this price, difficult to say if one shd sell or just put away in drawer until better times return for the shippping biz.

More
14 years 9 months ago #1784 by peter lee
Replied by peter lee on topic Re:rickers maritime
Thank you for the comment. according to what i know, the shipping reit CEOs together have assured public before that they can pull through this crisis. this counter has high gearing - wonder whether it will go suspended. btw, i hv enough suspended counters and no room to keep an additional worthless paper. gd night.

More
14 years 9 months ago #1787 by Dongdaemun
rickmers up 2 cents today - closed at 39 cents! the selling seems done for now, & long-term investors have picked up the shares.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1797 by Dongdaemun
peter, did u today read abt Pacific Shipping Trust\'s good news ? that\'s why the stock is up slightly now. i think Pacific is a reasonably good shipping trust, cos they dont hv refinancing issues, and they are accumulating cash for opportunistic acquisitions. rickmers is a different animal - weakened cos of it loan challenges, and a while back it cut DPU by 70%, which is not even significant enuff considering its challenges. its Q3 results shld be coming soon, and that may be a useful time to check your compass again. at 39 cts, the stock seems to be holding up reasonably well. maybe longer-term believers are into the stock. But the debt and commitment to acquisitions add up to USD1.7 billion! Hell of a lot of leverage which isnt a great thing at this time.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Dongdaemun.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1798 by erelation
Replied by erelation on topic Re:rickers maritime
Hi, I totally agree that Pacific Ship Trust is a better bet with 12% dividend yield which is more sustainable and without refinancing problem. I am monitoring the counter too.... looking for it to cool off before buying in.... Cheers erelation

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds