MIDAS's NPRT SECURED ANOTHER RMB 1.11 BILLION CONTRACT

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #18748 by BetterPrice2013
Dear dynamo

why 30 cents? what makes you think that? You sleeping?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by BetterPrice2013. Reason: add more details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #18781 by FaceTheFact

BetterPrice2013 wrote: more force selling coming

This is in response to the other posting under Midas Holdings...

We shld not use some likely explanations to support one's case casually. We need to ask some basic questions here.

1.Is the scenario painted by "ontheball" the actual reason for the slight drop in Midas px recently? Can we justify it with facts and figures? Pse look at the quantum of price correction and time frame to support your case. Otw, a small profit taking (including with what you did) would be considered as “forced selling”.

2.Midas price topped 52.5cts and corrected back around 50.5cts in abt 2-3 days. For a 3.8% px correction, someone shouted forced selling (FS). Is this really “FS”? What is FS? Is this not linked to a DRASTIC drop in the share price that resulted in margin calls by the banks or financial houses? And when the margin was not fulfilled, the shares were sold off, obviously in large quantities? Or could it also be due to a credibility issue with the majority shareholder/s, the associated company or their directors and management? Or could it be due to other reliability and legal concerns? Did any of these happen to Midas recently? Then, why shout “FS” with such a small movement in share price? From my view, it's profit taking, which is exactly what you have done. This is normal and not unhealthy for the market.

3.On the personal front, is it worthwhile to sell a good stock at 52 cts and buy back at 48.5-48 cts, taking only a small profit of < 6%, excluding commission and other fees and the time and opportunity cost? Why invest in these stock trading for such small margin? Why not trade in the TOP volume stocks, where they are cheaper and gives better margin? Know your stock, the management and its potential, and your rewards would be fatter.

I rest my case on this issue and will leave the readers to make their own assessment. But please do not shout wolf due to a personal assessment of the situation and repeat the BAL-type sell-down that erupted the small caps in SGX in Oct 2013. You have your rights to sell the stock but refrain from creating rumors. I was heightened because you mentioned "more force selling". I started to look for more figures and related information ... and that's why I stated my comment. This market is very sensitive!

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #18784 by erelation
I find the posting very interesting.....

"more force selling coming was posted on 14 Jan 2014 22:51 in which the day high was 0.50 and the low was 0.495."

Then on 17th Jan 2014, it was posted

" You got me wrong. I sold off some of my holding at 51.5 cents after the recent contract announcement as I saw very strong selling. In my the other post yesterday, I mentioned that I bought some (back) at 48.5 and 48 cents. Sellers were mainly UBS and JPMORGAN. CIMB also selling (maybe force selling)."

Cry wolf on 14 Jan night after market closed then on 17 Jan our good friend say he brought at 48.5 and 48 cents. Force Selling result in a drop of only 2 cents from 0.50 to 0.48 with big name like UBS, JPMORGAN and CIMB also selling (maybe force selling) throw into the picture?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by erelation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #18800 by ontheball
Hi Dynamo,

I read your comments on my previous postings with great interests. You are right, what I wrote was simply based on my gut feelings and I had no hard facts and figures to back me up.

As you can tell, I'm relatively inexperience in this field and there is much for me to learn. I have decided from now on to talk less and listen more. I am determined to eventually be be a knowledgeable and astute investor, and I think I'm in good company here.

Thanks and adios
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by ontheball.

More
10 years 2 months ago #18801 by erelation
Hi ontheball,

You used the wrong account to reply... it should be
BetterPrice2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: ontheball

More
10 years 2 months ago #18804 by ZEN

erelation wrote: Hi ontheball,

You used the wrong account to reply... it should be
BetterPrice2013

Hahahahah

MIDAS train lai liao

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds