Property curbs

More
11 years 6 months ago #12896 by greenrookie
Property curbs was created by greenrookie
There is still no threads on this yet?
Any view on this anyone?
Personally,I felt a knee jerk reaction and a drop in prices in property counters are almost guaranteed on monday.

as for how long it will last and how severe, its everyone guess.
For me, this is one of the events that i considered fundementally changing the risk reward profile of property counters.
1) This round of measures is most severe, and will really hurt those using the low interest rate to buy a second home.
2) Coupled this with supply coming online, the end of QE, the meagre growth rate of singapore economy and the tightening of foregin labour.
3) Without this dragicon measures, the party might go on for a few years, but now... sigh... Think the risk might be too much for me.
4) Price might not fall off a cliff, but volume should drop signicantly... 
Silver lining might be the future bidders for lands will be more conservatives and value buys might emerged.
JUst a rookie view, really like to hear the views of others

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #12899 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Property curbs
It would be difficult to view property as an investment for the next few years. Prices are already so high and the govt has shown it would act to toughen up measures to curb the bubble. It is a bubble. And it would take a nut to go buy property for investment now. 

Property counters have lots of cushion because of their big discounts to RNAV currently. In addition, they have lots of profit to book in the next 1-3 years from projects launched in the past 1 or 2 years. They would be piling up cash -- so justt give dividends and keep shareholders happy & their stock prices stable.  

• cheongsl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12901 by cheongsl
Replied by cheongsl on topic Re:Property curbs
The policy will not be effective if it intension is to curbs property, if it intension to trap the hot money and further inflat the property market. Yes, it will succeed. Current situation is not that there is less money, but there are so much money outside intend to come in. Where are all this money from, it is from the printing of money from US. Let me give you an eg. I have no money, and you have a land, you intend to exchange it with $1000. I write on a paper $1000, you mention you have change your mind, you want $1200, I write on the paper $1200 an pass to you. Do you think the $1000 or $1200 wordings on the paper make any different to me? And the deal was on. This is what is happening in the current world. Money create from thin air from US government is allow to flow from country to country, as they are too powerful to be curb. This is what happen to all the so call curb to property market, all has cause the property market to further inflated. That is why all property counter have such high NAV. [greenrookie 13-01-2013]:
There is still no threads on this yet?
Any view on this anyone?
Personally,I felt a knee jerk reaction and a drop in prices in property counters are almost guaranteed on monday.

as for how long it will last and how severe, its everyone guess.
For me, this is one of the events that i considered fundementally changing the risk reward profile of property counters.
1) This round of measures is most severe, and will really hurt those using the low interest rate to buy a second home.
2) Coupled this with supply coming online, the end of QE, the meagre growth rate of singapore economy and the tightening of foregin labour.
3) Without this dragicon measures, the party might go on for a few years, but now... sigh... Think the risk might be too much for me.
4) Price might not fall off a cliff, but volume should drop signicantly...
Silver lining might be the future bidders for lands will be more conservatives and value buys might emerged.
JUst a rookie view, really like to hear the views of others

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by cheongsl.

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12903 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Property curbs
No, nothing the govt do can alter the fact that our island can only be this big.
Property is still the thing. Buy on dip for me.
I believe my kepland will be hit, i will wait 2 days or till it is stablised before i buy more.
buy the dip for me.

• cheongsl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12907 by cheongsl
Replied by cheongsl on topic Re:Re:Property curbs
No to worry, as there is always shortiest to help to assist your porfolio to grow. [cheongwee 13-01-2013]:
No, nothing the govt do can alter the fact that our island can only be this big.
Property is still the thing. Buy on dip for me.
I believe my kepland will be hit, i will wait 2 days or till it is stablised before i buy more.
buy the dip for me.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by cheongsl. Reason: posting is empty

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12908 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Property curbs
Bought some at 3.9, first.
before it is gone,

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds