Tuan Sing ($0.320) and Tiong Woon ($0.330) - Both Trading Below NAV

More
9 years 4 months ago #21156 by Big Fish
Bro Eugene Lim says: Many of you will not know that after the Lum Bros offered a ridiculous 17c a share for LCD Global I agitated vigorously against it. I wrote about 20 emails to various parties, including the independent directors and newspapers. In the end the offer failed, the share reached a high of 32c while I sold my 380+ lots at 28.5c after holding them for 17 years. The total returns were very good.

I see an area of similarity btw LCD n TUAN SING in that both are old established cos (my bro was CFO at TS over 10 years ago). The Lum Bros age must have been a critical factor for them to finally sell out. Cud a similar circumstance happen with TS?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #21157 by whyme?
BigFish

Thanks for sharing your view.

Tuan Sing will be my long term investment but will also monitor along the way to see if there is any abnormal changes over the coming years.

Tiong Woon is not as lucky as Tuan Sing, oil price keep falling as well as its share price. Still trading much under NAV.

More
9 years 1 month ago #21659 by Poh
I revisited Tuan Sing during the recent property bounce. This stock crept up from 38 cents to 42 cents. Now 40.5. What holds me back is the low dividend payout of 0.5 cent = 1.25% yield. Plus the high gearing (not unlike other property developers). The sexy angle is Koh Wee Meng buying more of Tuan Sing.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds